Notify when bikers nearby

Post by ByranBarkley
Good day

I would like to make a recommendation to the ways app. In South Africa A biker is killed on the road everyday. This is because people are unaware of them passing by even when trying to be alert.

I would like to recommend that ways do the following:

The app must ask what type of vehicle is being driven example bike or car. Then ways car drivers can be notified when a biker is nearby to be on the lookout.

Hope to see something like this soon.

Regards

Byran
ByranBarkley

POSTER_ID:17361614

Send a message

Post by elphix
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your post. You'll likely get a response if you post it in the Waze App Feature Request forum.

My two cents on the matter: it is unfortunate that the road deaths in SA are so high. In my opinion, we have some of the worst drivers (not only taxis) that contribute to the terrible statistics. Waze is meant to be a navigator - due to privacy concerns the Wazers you see on the map are not live (their position is delayed) Having such a feature for motorcyclists would only really be useful when we are filtering and not going the same speed as the rest of the motoring public AND many people use Waze. I don't think that in SA we currently have the numbers.

In the interim, there are options for vehicle types but they are limited to private and taxi. Useful for when certain roads can only be legally accessed by one or the other.

Kyle
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message