Bures is not welcomed in Rep. of Cyprus WME

Moderators: Unholy, orbitc

Re: Bures is not welcomed in Rep. of Cyprus WME

Postby Asfalemeso » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

I agree with you.
Asfalemeso

Postby bures » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:48 pm

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:large daily amount of unnecessary edits in Cyprus (mostly small amount of geometry/moves, or attempts to solve UR without any knowledge of the roads, turns, etc).

It is not true that my edits are unnecessary. From the beggining of my Cyprus mission I created a lot of new roads, added many non mapped villages etc. I done many changes of geometry too, but changes reflects real state of roads, repairs map errors etc.
I solve the UR only if I have contact with author of UR. We discuss the issue and I close it after we will agree on a good solution.

Edit: Fresh e-mail from WME: Hi bures,
The problem on the map you are watching from March 8, 2019 was closed by Stavros-S as "Unidentified".
You can view the problem location in the Waze map editor here https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 64&env=row

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:From the number of his daily edits seen in his dashboard, and location (Czechia and Cyprus) it came clearly his interest to score points, and that he may have found a small country with just a few editors that will not question his 'contributions'.

It is not true. I disscussed some issues here in forum. I am member of Cyprus Slack group etc. I closely cooperate with some Cyprus editors. I have choosen Cyprus because of not the best map quality. Our community was called by Waze people to help this countries. I asked HQ for EA on Cyprus in two steps. I think they judged my contribution in both steps.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:I - and at least another local editor - strongly feel hurt by his edits in the Republic of Cyprus. And considering his level and hard-to-reach Support, found a way to protest: report general map issues. A kind related to his unethical practices (and some edits not reflecting on the field reality).

It seems that you are new in oper community. There are a lot of way how to communicate. We have the chat in WME. It is sad but most time I am the only one active editor in Cyprus chat room. :( We have forum. Every community has its own community coordinator. There is a lot of ways how to solve any problem. You do not start that proces.
Bullying other editors is not good way of communication.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:stop wasting our resorces with WME.

I am not wasting your resources. I am trying of my best to improve Waze.

I know that communicate with anonym is shame and dirty. But he was very offending and rude to me, he used some dirty words. That was the reason why he get ban from HQ for abusement.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bures » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Stavros-S wrote:I fully agree with you.
I had many times in the past contacted him for many mistakes he has done, especially around Nicosia.
His activities in Cyprus started last summer, when he asked me where to find a reliable Cyprus map online.

You dissapointed me. :( I always came to meet you and responded instantly to your map setup requests. We've done a lot of work together and you've never expressed displeasure about my activity.

Stavros-S wrote:It's his thing, if he wants to gain fame here, but unfortunately he has blocked several road segments at L3.

As for map locking. The case was also discussed in this forum and confirmed.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bures » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:17 am

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:Bures, there are now under L1-L4 active local editors in Cyprus - with presence on the roads. You and other L4+ from European countries should now start blocking us contributing to our own country??

Don't be a demagogue. Nobody's blocking anyone in WME.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:Considering the size of our country, the active users base and population we feel confident our number is balanced. I am sure there are people here with an interest into WME, but get intimidated by your levels and (sometimes) too academic tone. As I myself experienced when I tried to edit in Europe.

So why are you returning the bad behavior of others to me?

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:Today we're here and we try to keep the map for us, our country people and any visitors.

It is great. But it is a pity that I have not seen anywhere in the map for months (Except for Stavros-S.). No one is seen in chat. Nobody writes on the forum.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:You make it better based on old satellite imagery?

Old adjustments were made based on old aerials. I edit according to the current images and the current GPS tracks. This is the way I know the bad shape of the roads. Sometimes I get feedback from UR. Then I talk with UR author. I search for building plans on the web too and fix the map according them.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:Are you aware of all road projects and changes happening lately?

Nobody knows everything. When I do not know about new roads I am not creating them (same as everyone). If you know about them you can create them. No problem. I do not prevent anyone from drawing in this way. But this has nothing to do with my activity.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:How can you contribute when your work is based on guessing - is that reliable, does this serve to a Waze purpose?

I'm not guessing. How can you write it? We all have quite reliable sources at our disposal. Good proof is when a few weeks after drawing new paths I see new GPS tracks from real drivers.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:Speaking about spending time - you really did ~1000 daily edits on avg. for the last few weeks

It is simple not truth. You're trying to manipulate. My average over the past 3 months is 564 edits (everyone can verify it on my dashboard). Only part of them are on the Cyprus.

NoFakeEditorsInCyprus wrote:After work... do you have a life? Or during your job... your employer knows?

Who gave you the right to rate me this way? It's my life and don't threaten me.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bures » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am

Let me explain one type of my edits. It covers part of "pixel" edits. I have prepared three pictures which illustrates map improvement process.

c-exp-01.jpg

It seems all to be perfect on picture 1 (I think there is a bug on Kalamon - E301 junction, but let it be).

When you switch GPS layer on (picture 2) there is something weird. Almost all GPS tracks are next to existing segments. Drivers rides off the map. ;)

The cause of the trouble is seen on the third image which shows Google Map layer. Aerial photos are shifted in this area. Google Maps layer matches with reality (it is not always true). So it is useful to edit the map to match the actual state.
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Bures is not welcomed in Rep. of Cyprus WME

Postby NoFakeEditorsInCyprus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 am

In short: we have this editor from Czechia, Bures, making a large daily amount of unnecessary edits in Cyprus (mostly small amount of geometry/moves, or attempts to solve UR without any knowledge of the roads, turns, etc).
From the number of his daily edits seen in his dashboard, and location (Czechia and Cyprus) it came clearly his interest to score points, and that he may have found a small country with just a few editors that will not question his 'contributions'.
I - and at least another local editor - strongly feel hurt by his edits in the Republic of Cyprus. And considering his level and hard-to-reach Support, found a way to protest: report general map issues. A kind related to his unethical practices (and some edits not reflecting on the field reality).

We only want him to understand our concern and cease his activities in our country; otherwise we will have to go over it, and stop wasting our resorces with WME.

If you can assist with anything, an advice or to pass on our message to somebody that can help - you're more than welcome.

Thank you.
WME editor actually living in the Republic of Cyprus
NoFakeEditorsInCyprus

Postby NoFakeEditorsInCyprus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:11 am

Bures, there are now under L1-L4 active local editors in Cyprus - with presence on the roads. You and other L4+ from European countries should now start blocking us contributing to our own country??
Considering the size of our country, the active users base and population we feel confident our number is balanced. I am sure there are people here with an interest into WME, but get intimidated by your levels and (sometimes) too academic tone. As I myself experienced when I tried to edit in Europe.
If Waze asked you and others for help, that's history. Today we're here and we try to keep the map for us, our country people and any visitors. You make it better based on old satellite imagery? Are you aware of all road projects and changes happening lately?
If your country is saturated you thought it will be useful to spend your time and map small villages in a small country that maybe one Wazer will happen to go in the next 2 years... If you want to do something useful, add some places - but how could you do that, after spending not more than 2 weeks here? How can you contribute when your work is based on guessing - is that reliable, does this serve to a Waze purpose?
Speaking about spending time - you really did ~1000 daily edits on avg. for the last few weeks... After work... do you have a life? Or during your job... your employer knows?
NoFakeEditorsInCyprus

Postby NoFakeEditorsInCyprus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:17 am

And all foreign WMEs, be nice and let us deal with URs. Good for you, too.
NoFakeEditorsInCyprus

Postby orbitc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi All,

It is great to see that we are having this discussion. But please keep in mind the following guideline and be respectful towards each other.
For a faster chat head over to Cyprus Discord Channel HERE, same guidelines apply.

Best,
Orbit
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby Stavros-S » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I fully agree with you.
I had many times in the past contacted him for many mistakes he has done, especially around Nicosia.
His activities in Cyprus started last summer, when he asked me where to find a reliable Cyprus map online.
I have contacted also the moderator of the area, telling him about his practices.

It's his thing, if he wants to gain fame here, but unfortunately he has blocked several road segments at L3.

I hope someone will be able to stop him.

BR,
S.
Stavros-S

Return to Cyprus