المملكة العربية السعودية

BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO EDIT THE MAP PLEASE READ THIS

Post by cuadraciclo
Here you will have a guide to edit maps.
Later when the community is strengthened create a Wiki with guidelines for this great country.
By the time read this Wiki have fun and help other wazers :D

If you have some questions please use the forum 8-)

Cuadra
cuadraciclo
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:3865067

Send a message

Post by AlObaili
prince_777 wrote:Thank you sir for opening this thread.

Traffic regulation in Saudi Arabia is still vague. The government is still in the process of enforcing traffic fines for drivers around the country, counterflow, wrong turns, does seems to be normal here. And if they are navigating on waze, editing the map is a bit of challenge.

The wiki does help a lot for me basically. I had to refer back and forth on how to do specific edits if I am not sure what to do. There might be some error of course but hopefully, I can help those wazers out there traversing the streets, roads and highways. :)

There are also a lot, and a lot of updates needed on the map. Like for example, waze suggested a proper route but the wazer just ignore the turn restriction - thus creating a different track. Driving in Saudi is a challenge, and maintaining the waze map is also a challenge.

Hoping to contribute more in the future. :)
I agree that drivers in Saudi Arabia are not obeying traffic laws. But for us editors, roads are well defined enough to reflect properly on the map. We shouldn't worry about bad drivers. You should not try to add wrong information just because the auto detector detected a possible track based on bad drivers' GPS points. For the fact that drivers' ignore Waze route and take another, Waze is designed to analyze alternate routes and learn for the preferred route. As time passes, you wont have those kinds of false positives in the Waze Editor. Just keep mapping roads properly as instructed from the wiki and everything will eventually be okay :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlObaili
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

download/file.php?id=58773https://s.waze.tools/s0500.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c6s.png
مـنـســـق مــجـتـمـع ويـز الـسـعــوديـة والــبحـريـن ومـنـســق الـتعــريـب لـمـنـتجـات ويــز
CM for Saudi Arabia & Bahrain & Transifex Coordinator for Arabic

Post by cuadraciclo
We will continue working to improve the map, as all things are initially difficult but gradually we will have a map of quality in Saudi Arabia ;) ;)
cuadraciclo
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cuadraciclo
mssusa wrote:Would have missed this if not for a Tapatalk highlight.

Just wanted to say thank you for those who are active. And a please stay away from things that are already working just fine (ehm ehm most of Riyadh).
If things work well and you're sure it can be blocks at level 3 ;)
cuadraciclo
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
Johny como hago para ayudarlos?

Sent from my iPad using Tap
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by desertwinker
I agree..especially if the contributors are few to ipdate the roads. In the eastern region, alot of of reblocking and detour due to major road improvements
desertwinker
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Would have missed this if not for a Tapatalk highlight.

Just wanted to say thank you for those who are active. And a please stay away from things that are already working just fine (ehm ehm most of Riyadh).
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by prince_777
Thank you sir for opening this thread.

Traffic regulation in Saudi Arabia is still vague. The government is still in the process of enforcing traffic fines for drivers around the country, counterflow, wrong turns, does seems to be normal here. And if they are navigating on waze, editing the map is a bit of challenge.

The wiki does help a lot for me basically. I had to refer back and forth on how to do specific edits if I am not sure what to do. There might be some error of course but hopefully, I can help those wazers out there traversing the streets, roads and highways. :)

There are also a lot, and a lot of updates needed on the map. Like for example, waze suggested a proper route but the wazer just ignore the turn restriction - thus creating a different track. Driving in Saudi is a challenge, and maintaining the waze map is also a challenge.

Hoping to contribute more in the future. :)
prince_777
Send a message