المملكة العربية السعودية

It's time to... MapRaid!!!

Post by MapSir
Hi All!

As I see there are several active editors here that are amazingly taking care of things,
It is a glorious opportunity to have a MapRaid in Saudi Arabia.

What is a MapRaid?
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/MapRaid

How to start the MapRaid?
https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/fo ... I/viewform

We have the stats and numbers for these following cities which are great to start with:
Riyadh
Jeddah
Khobar
Buraidah
Dammam
Khamis Mushait
Ta'if
Medina
Mecca

So, who's in!! :)
MapSir

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message
MapSir

Post by AlObaili
You should use the Arabic city name only. Most of the neighborhoods are actually removed from the map, for now. Untill a future support for neighborhoods become available, you should not use the neighborhood name.

It is already pointed out on another topic that only Arabic city name is allowed.
AlObaili
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

download/file.php?id=58773https://s.waze.tools/s0500.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c6s.png
مـنـســـق مــجـتـمـع ويـز الـسـعــوديـة والــبحـريـن ومـنـســق الـتعــريـب لـمـنـتجـات ويــز
CM for Saudi Arabia & Bahrain & Transifex Coordinator for Arabic

Post by desertwinker
I'm in for eastern areas(i.e. khobar/dharan/dammam). I'm constatly updating the roads and names to the reach of my level.
desertwinker
Send a message

Post by desertwinker
Just a clarification in adding city names. I used to set with the district or neighborhood name and the city i.e:

Thuqbah, Al Khobar
Madinat Al Umal, Al Khobar

This is per the green street signboard on the street corner

Shall I continue on this or just the arabic الخبر at the city field?

All CM's please clarify as majority of my earlier addition it has the district or neighborhood name + city in english.
desertwinker
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
HI !!

Gret idea !!

I have helped other mapraids in different countries and I will be glad to help.

Just let me know when you will do it and I will do my best to be there.

Best regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
AlObaili wrote:Before we start. I have a small question,

Is it okay to add names in the City name field?

I saw every single neighborhood in Riyadh added as a separate city in the city name field with the form "Neighborhood Name, City Name"

I'm not sure if this is right. :roll:

I'm setting up some ground rules for names and addresses and this question came into my mind.
Dear AlObaili,

City field is for City Name, Neighborhood names are not included in City field, as this changes City as complete unit. This can be a community rule, that can be implemented by community members on each country in different ways.

There are several discutions of this from several communities, and you can check also the US Wiki for general linements (Chosen because it is quite complete and in english).

As this issue is community based decision, I would leave it like it is now, until you have more community members to make a country agreement on this issue.

There are much more important functional issues on the map than just naming neighboors.

I would suggest you use some scripts to find errors in the map to make pore productive the time you work in WME. These scripts are developed by the editor´s community and can be of big help.

If you are interested, you can start with "Validator". It will track functionality errors on the map and "light them up" for you. No more segment by segment searching, just quickly resolve the issues.

If you want to know more about scripts, you can visit the Wiki script´s page to learn more and find other useful scripts. There are many forum pages explaining how to use and get the best of all scripts. Some of them have been gathered together as in Toolbox. Both of this tools are a must have for quick and good editting.

Best regrds from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by jkl5
صار مابرايد بالاخير؟
jkl5
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message
JK
L5
https://i.ibb.co/JFLWTR5/Screenshot-3.png
Waze Map Editor volunteer- Rank 5
Transifex Coordinator for Arabic

Post by MapSir
Hi guys!

Great to see you like the idea :)
First of all let's set some ground rules for naming the cities and streets (that's up to you).
Then you can already sign up through the form I posted and we will do the rest.

I will post now a message in the UAE forum and see who's interested in helping!
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Hi Guys,

After the raid we will extract a list of all city names for you.
Then you can go over them and let us know which should be deleted/renamed/merged.

It's an easy process, might take some time but totally possible.

MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by mssusa
AlObaili wrote:There are thousands of new Map Problems around Saudi Arabia these days. I'm self raiding Riyadh, but surly a formal Map Raid is needed to start solving them as fast as possible. MapSir already announced the possibility to start a Map Raid in Saudi Arabia, but no Champs are available here It may be possible that I'm the only active Level 4 editor in Saudi Arabia. Can country managers start a Map Raid? How do I become a Local Champ to start promoting for one? :?

:!: :!: :!: :!:
A map raid in Saudi Arabia would be lovely! Although most MPs are for unnamed segments, it is better to address them ASAP!

There aren't many of us here and we're mostly inactive due to other responsibilities, but external help is always appreciated!

-mssusa
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message