Coordinator: JoeRodriguez12 & ARC: ldriveskier | GizmoGuy411
------------------------------------------------------------
Post by TerryPurdue
CopyCatGuy wrote:Are spouses allowed to come also, if for nothing else, for the hotel room and the free lunch?
Editors are welcome to bring guests.

Waze will pay airfare, one night hotel, and one meal for each editor.

Waze will not pay anything for guests. If you are willing to share a hotel room with your guest(s), you can reduce their costs. If you are willing to share a car, costs are reduced more.

-Terry
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by TerryPurdue
Waze staff has entered into final negotiations, so it appears things are on track for a contract by end of the month.

Expect an announcement with the hotel selection and a link to the meetup registration form in early December!

-Terry
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by TerryPurdue
Staff has completed hotel negotiations and has submitted a finalized contract to the legal team for signature and delivery!

Once we've got confirmation from the hotel that the signed contract has been received and everything is order, we will announce the final details including the hotel's identity, as well as publish the registration form for the meetup.

Be aware that while registration will be open through June 2017, editor headcount has been capped at 38 editors.

As a result, editors are strongly encouraged to register early!

Anyone who registers after our 38 editor slots are filled will be waitlisted. We will draw from the waitlist if any confirmed attendees need to cancel.

-Terry
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by TerryPurdue
The planning committee is very pleased to be able to report we can disclose the venue selected for the 2017 meetup!

The 2017 Great Lakes Region All-Editor Meetup will be hosted at JW Marriott Indianapolis!

The committee is very glad staff was receptive to our encouragement to host the meetup at the group's far-and-away favorite venue of the three that were submitted.

While the JW Marriott was the most expensive of the three options submitted, we were able to convince Waze staff the extra expense was worth the money.

The meetup overview post at the beginning of this thread has been updated accordingly.

HUGE SHOUTOUT:

The Planning Committee's Hotel Coordinator Justin, aka fbisurveillancevan21, was absolutely crucial in helping us pull off this coup. Justin dedicated a truly staggering number of volunteers hours into this venue search. The 2017 meetup will be immensely more impressive as a direct result of his efforts. Please make a point to thank him face-to-face for all his work when you encounter him at the meetup.

The Planning Committee is excited to see as many editors as possible at the JW Marriott Indianapolis in August 2017!

-Terry, Chairperson - 2017 GLR All-Editor Meetup Planning Committee
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by TerryPurdue
Please see the post in this forum announcing registration for the 2017 Great Lakes Region All-Editor Meetup registration opens on 2017-01-01 at 1100 CST / 1200 EST / 1700 UTC.

NOTE: seats are limited! Once all 38 spots are filled, editors will be added to a waitlist. We will pull from the head of the waitlist in the event of cancellations.

-Terry
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
DaveKS14 wrote:...process-steps to take when working to solve an address routing issue... so that routing would work better...figuring out the actual search factors: Day of the week, time of the day, Waze, Google pins, Bing, etc. ...

Also a presentation on GMM...
Triple thumbs up for me on these suggestions.

Whenever I have "dived" back into editing, I always found myself getting bogged down into routing-related URs trying to figure out how Waze chooses its destination coordinates...and how I can efficiently solve the issue.

Other editors around my area seem to get fed up with my unsolved URs and I feel a little guilty about "abandoning" URs when other aspects of my life consume my attention.

I have added/moved Waze HNs, moved Waze stop points, and/or "played" with GMM pin relocations to see whether or not one or the other results in a desirable route (and how much time until my edit takes effect).

I have not yet discovered and understood a consistent pattern in any of these edits.

Sometimes I find incorrect street names in GMM and Waze and I don't know whether to fix the name in WME first and in GMM later, both at the same time, or just fix the Waze name and let Google update its map later based on my Waze edit (if that's what Google does).
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by Zingaringo
I would suggest consideration be given to presentations on commonly used scripts. It seems like there's always a lot of chat about scripts.

Steve
Zingaringo
Send a message