Establishing/resuming forum PM communications with editors

Coordinator: GizmoGuy411 & ARC: RoadTechie | SkiDooGuy | JoeRodriguez12
------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: SkiDooGuy, GizmoGuy411, roadtechie

Re: Establishing/resuming forum PM communications with edito

Postby dchary2418 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:44 pm

There should be a suggestion for the Waze app to alert individual users for such messages. This would be great for pavers and place droppers who don't use the editor at all

Dave
dchary2418

Postby jdtech4u » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:01 pm

dchary2418 wrote:There should be a suggestion for the Waze app to alert individual users for such messages. This would be great for pavers and place droppers who don't use the editor at all

Dave

I couldn't agree more. There are Wazers that don't have their forum set to alert them to a new PM received, or may just delete it from their email without opening, since it really doesn't say "Waze Map Editing Forum" as the subject or sender, instead says something like "alpha", "You have a new message" (I can't remember exactly, but if I didn't KNOW it was from the forum I wouldn't open it). It would be great to send a message to their Inbox of the app just like when responding to a UR. Even adding the ability to respond to the app from a PUR or New Place would increase our ability to get good information from Wazers.

I personally found the first time I was able to log into the WME and the forum a confusing process and only fully understood these sites after using them for weeks (and still have things I don't understand fully).
Ike
JDTech4U
Northwestern Pennsylvania
jdtech4u
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby SkiDooGuy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:04 pm

subs5 wrote:It is a little easier now that the feed shows that you have an unread PM. Personally I think if someone logs into WME Production then they should automatically have a forum account opened. They are the same user name and password anyway.

They do nowadays. Anyone who logs into the editor gets a forum account. Or at least that's the way it's supposed to work.

However, that change has only happened in the last year to year and a half. So anything before that might not have an account.
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby SkiDooGuy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 pm

subs5 wrote:
SkiDooGuy wrote:
They do nowadays. Anyone who logs into the editor gets a forum account. Or at least that's the way it's supposed to work.

However, that change has only happened in the last year to year and a half. So anything before that might not have an account.

I don't agree, when helping some editors in WME Chat, I still have to send the inbox link to get them to log in so that I can send a PM.

So either that ability it broken or was never activated.

Well somehow I am not surprised that that function isn't working correctly. This is Waze after all.
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby subs5 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:18 pm

It is a little easier now that the feed shows that you have an unread PM. Personally I think if someone logs into WME Production then they should automatically have a forum account opened. They are the same user name and password anyway.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 pm

SkiDooGuy wrote:

I don't agree, when helping some editors in WME Chat, I still have to send the inbox link to get them to log in so that I can send a PM.

So either that ability it broken or was never activated.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Establishing/resuming forum PM communications with editors

Postby TerryPurdue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:22 pm

If there are editors that members of the community would like to reach out to but are unable, be aware that (Assistant) Regional Coordinators have the ability to:

1. Have forum accounts created for editors who didn't create accounts for themselves
  2. Send forum Private Messages (PM's) to accounts that the owner consciously disabled the ability to receive forum PM's
Please contact your State Managers if either of these abilities could be used to (re)establish communications with an editor.

-Terry
[ img ][ img ]
Local Champ Mentor | USA
Country Manager | USA
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby TerryPurdue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:52 pm

I would encourage submitting that idea (and any others!) to the Waze Suggestion Box.

It's worth noting that the ability to display speed limits in the app is a direct result of a Suggestion Box submission; ideas submitted to it are reviewed and seriously considered by the Product Management teams at Waze.

-Terry
[ img ][ img ]
Local Champ Mentor | USA
Country Manager | USA
TerryPurdue
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Return to US Great Lakes