GLR-MAR Collaboration

Coordinator: GizmoGuy411 & ARC: RoadTechie | SkiDooGuy | JoeRodriguez12
------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: SkiDooGuy, GizmoGuy411, roadtechie

Re: GLR-MAR Collaboration

Postby dino6451 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Nice! Everyone Wins with more editing :)
// Illinois Traffic Event Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
IL Area Manager: Rockford
IL Traffic Event Coordinator
dino6451

Postby ehepner1977 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Is this like a “student exchange” program to get editors exposure in the partner region? If so, that sounds awesome! We should get NOR on board. I’ll have to look into it.

Speaking from the PLN side that is one of the goals of this collaboration. It gives promising editors a chance to build relationships outside their region, which will be useful down the roadroad. It also allows leadership a chance to evaluate those same promising editors for the time when they may be called to vote on a promotion.

It's also valuable to both regions in allowing an idea exchange. I claim dual GLR and PLN citizenship, and in speaking with editors on both sides of the Mississippi, I can tell you, everyone involved has learned a great deal.
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

GLR-MAR Collaboration

Postby JoeRodriguez12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello All,

We are very excited to announce to you a great new collaboration opportunity! After such great success with the GLR-PLN collaboration, we are excited to announce to you a new region collaboration, GLR (Great Lakes Region) and MAR (Mid-Atlantic Region).

Much like the GLR-PLN, this will be a more formal collaboration between the two regions. If you are from the GLR please contact me, joerodriguez12 (GLR). If you are from the MAR please contact LennyNRPD (MAR).

Please let us know if there is a particular area you are interested in or if we should simply assign you an area in the GLR or MAR. We will do our best to accommodate any requests but it is subject to final determination by the respective region’s leadership team. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask!
Last edited by JoeRodriguez12 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Local Champ: USA
Assistant Regional Coordinator: GLR
GLR Collaboration Liaison - Waze Socks Guy
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester

[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Welcome Page
Illinois Michigan
Illinois Waze Facebook Illinois Waze Twitter
JoeRodriguez12
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby JoeRodriguez12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:21 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Is this like a “student exchange” program to get editors exposure in the partner region? If so, that sounds awesome! We should get NOR on board. I’ll have to look into it.

Feel free to PM me anytime. Would be happy to talk about it!

Welcome Page
Illinois Michigan
JoeRodriguez12
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby JoeRodriguez12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:41 pm

I completely agree with the comments above. One of the main reasons I offered to help start the GLR-MAR collaboration was because of the success I had with the PLN. Ive learned so much from their region and how to edit in other states. As and R4, and since freeways are at L4 in the PLN, I have gained invaluable help and confidence in working with freeways that I have brought back to my home state. It makes me so happy to see everyone working together and even more happier with the support of all these regions and others reaching out to us.

So THANK YOU to everyone!

Welcome Page
Illinois Michigan
JoeRodriguez12
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby ldriveskier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:10 pm

ehepner1977 wrote:

Speaking from the PLN side that is one of the goals of this collaboration. It gives promising editors a chance to build relationships outside their region, which will be useful down the roadroad. It also allows leadership a chance to evaluate those same promising editors for the time when they may be called to vote on a promotion.

It's also valuable to both regions in allowing an idea exchange. I claim dual GLR and PLN citizenship, and in speaking with editors on both sides of the Mississippi, I can tell you, everyone involved has learned a great deal.

In a similar manner, I claim dual GLR and MAR citizenship from before the GLR-MAR collaboration was a formal program. I have learned a great deal on both sides and have brought both knowledge and ideas across the Ohio River. I am pleased to see the GLR-MAR collaboration formalized and I look forward to seeing more editors cross the borders for the wonderful experience. It is also awesome to see other regions interested in entering similar partnerships!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR ARC, GLR LC (resident of Ohio), App Beta Leader
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mtb2314 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I am excited to join in the GLR-MAR Collaboration! I am a MAR editor based in Maryland but I have spent some time in Schaumburg IL in the past. I have just been granted AM area in the Chicago area. I will be joining the GLR Discord server and I look forward to working alongside the GLR editors. And if anyone is editing in MAR, we have a great community there and I would be happy to help with MAR if anyone has any questions.

Thanks GizmoGuy411 for processing my application. I'll be seeing you all in Discord soon!

Tom
mtb2314
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Mvan231 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:59 pm

This is awesome news!
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

[ img ] [ img ]
Mvan231

Postby PhantomSoul » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Is this like a “student exchange” program to get editors exposure in the partner region? If so, that sounds awesome! We should get NOR on board. I’ll have to look into it.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Cricket (AT&T) iPhone XR / iOS (latest) / Waze (latest/beta)
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby PhantomSoul » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Excellent. I personally don’t have many editing roots outside NOR/NER, since I don’t travel anymore as much as I used to, but I’m always down for expanding, and maybe more importantly, expanding the areas of some of our up and coming editors.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Cricket (AT&T) iPhone XR / iOS (latest) / Waze (latest/beta)
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Next

Return to US Great Lakes