Trends in PNH Mods and discussion

Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: Banished
------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: delilush, orbitc, banished

Trends in PNH Mods and discussion

Postby johnsninja58 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 am

Greetings,
I wanted to start a forum thread about what goes on for New England (NER) in the world of PNH (Place Name Harmonization). The goal of PNH is to create a consistent and optimal user search experience in the app. For New England PhantomSoul and johnsninja58 are the moderators. Feel free to contact one of us if you every have a question.

Usually we try to ensure any Place Submitted has 5-10 locations (or growing rapidly) as less than that can be easily manually harmonized. In moderating a place we look at the official name, review best fit category and website. Sometimes we create alerts via WMEPH for Localization (often seen with Hotel Chains), inquiring if an ATM is at a Bank, does Gas Station has a Convenience Store and add Store Locator buttons.

Important links
Submit a Place Name for New Englands
Place Name Harmonization - New England List
Place Name Harmonization - USA National List
WMEPH - WME Place Harmonizer

You might notice that not all the places on the National List are on our local list, which is why you will get a flag like this in WMEPH. Please feel free to submit for local approval if you encounter this.

[ img ]

In the coming posts I'll make some highlights from recent review of the submissions which I typically do every week. This is not intended to judge, but to educate about the process. I make an effort to reach out to editors directly if there is an issues or question. Please feel free to submit questions or discussions here. I want everyone to feel they have a voice and I look forward to any discussions that we may have.
-John
-------
[ img ][ img ]
VT - State Manager
New England - Multi State Manager
johnsninja58
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Re: Trends in PNH Mods and discussion

Postby johnsninja58 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 am

As mentioned in my first post, many chains have not been approved for regional usage. Today I processed, from the editing community submissions, the following chains: Koko Fitclub, Pretzelmaker and Bath & Body Works. All were listed in some other region and now have been approved for NER.

It looks like we average 2-3 submissions a week. Keep it up.
-John
-------
[ img ][ img ]
VT - State Manager
johnsninja58
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby Chronos74 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:40 am

Thanks for this overview, it's very helpful! :D
Chronos74
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby tenetienne » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 pm

I know I've seen plenty of Bath & Body Works stores around and seeing more Koko Fitclub coming into the malls. I tend to enable / disable PHN depending on what I'm doing. I find all the colorization distracting if I'm not doing place updates. But for updating places, it's great.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby johnsninja58 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:57 am

Most recent updates,

Red Roof Inn - Approved National Posting
Microtel Inn - Approved National Posting
Fairfield Pizza - Declined, based on reviewing the website there is only 4 locations and can be handled on a smaller scale.
AT&T Store - Approved National Posting
Elements Massage - Approved National Posting
Aroma Joe's - This one was already approved, however this happens occasionally were the punctuation can throw things off
Social Security Administration - Approved National Posting
Peachwave - Approved National Posting of "Peachwave Frozen Yogurt"
-John
-------
[ img ][ img ]
VT - State Manager
johnsninja58
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby johnsninja58 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:46 am

I wanted to provide an update that SNYOWL and Jaywazin will be taking over PNH Moderation for the New England region. I know they will be a great team and have already hit the ground running looking at some of the nuances in harmonization.
-John
-------
[ img ][ img ]
VT - State Manager
johnsninja58
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby SNYOWL » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Jaywazin and I processed the editing community submissions, for the following chains:
uBreakiFix
CARQUEST Auto Parts
Sheraton
Roto-Rooter
TA

All were listed in some other region and now have been approved for NER.
Thank-you and keep the submissions coming.
SNYOWL
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby SNYOWL » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

JayWazin and I reviewed the submission for PNH.
The following were listed, but had not been approved for NER. They have now been added to NER:
DQ Grill & Chill
buybuyBaby
Aaron's
Phantom Fireworks
Runnings
Kingdom Hall of the Jehovah's Witnesses
Ideal Images

The following are only in the NER region and have been added:
Season's Corner Market
F.L. Roberts
Bareburger
Big Apple
Maritime Energy Maritime Farms
(Gas Station and Convenience Store)
Maritime Energy -Fuel Office
Big Apple

Price Chopper Supermarkets are in the process of rebranding. Their new stores are called Market 32 with an alternate name of Market 32 By Price Chopper. We have added this to NER. Any rebranded store does not need to have Price Chopper as an alternate name.The alternate name Market 32 By Price Chopper will allow for searching by the name Price Chopper. This rebranding has been going on for 2 years and is expected to take up to 7 years,
Thanks for submitting these changes.
SNYOWL
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby SNYOWL » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:35 pm

JayWazin and I reviewed the recent submission for PNH.
The following were all ready listed, but had not been approved for NER. They have now been added to NER:
Unleashed by Petco
State Farm Insurance
Maurices
SalonCentric
MetroPCS

The following are only in NER and we have now added to PNH:
Golden Nozzle Car Wash
Mascoma Savings Bank
Bull Moose
Aubuchon Hardware
Curtain & Bath Outlet
Advanced Radiology
OPTIMUS Healthcare
Gourmet Donuts

The following was added with some changes:Wheels It was added as a convenience store only. They are located inside gas stations, but there are three brands of gas stations that they are associated with. The gas stations can be added as separate area places.

The following only had 3-4 locations. We added all of the locations in WME, but did not add the chain to PNH.
Cheeks Chicken
Economy Oil Change

The following was not accepted. There were only 6 locations, but the website was poorly designed and did not give much information Mega-X gas station

Thank you to all of the editors who have submitted these recommendations. Keep them coming!
JayWazin
SNYOWL
SNYOWL
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby SNYOWL » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 pm

JayWazin and I have gotten a little behind in reviewing submissions for PNH. We are back on track now and catching up.

The following were already in PNH, we just had to add them to the NER list.Savers Thrift Store, Sunglass Hut, Forever 21, Yankee Candle, Aeropostale, Abercrombie&Fitch, Zales, Also shoes, TownePlace Suites, Courtyard, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Weight Watcher's, Planet Smoothie, Wings Over <city> and AAA

The following are new entries that we have added to PHN. Persy's Place, Super Petroleum, Peoples Bank, Big Y Express Gas Station, AFC Urgent Care, Boloco, Granite City Electrical Supply and Alltown.

The following did not have enough places to add to PNH. We will add these in manually. Health Express, Blueberry Muffin,The Cleanist,Soccer & Rugby Imports, RIchdale and Mamma Mia's

We are continuing to review additional submissions. Thanks to everyone for submitting these to PNH.
JayWazin
SNYOWL
SNYOWL
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Next

Return to US New England