Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: SanzClew
------------------------------------------------------------

New England vs Individual State Wazeopedia

Post by DrivingWithBill
Greetings, I recently started my exploring of the wazeopedia pages for New England and the respective states, I found that the New England Page frequently contradicts the individual state pages CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT. I didnt know if there could be some clarity provided on what is the guidance for editing in your region.

Thank you,
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17574084

Send a message
-Drivingwithbill

this space intentionally left blank

Post by Chronos74
I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I've understood it is that generally any difference in the guidelines in a state specific wiki will override the regional guidelines.
Chronos74
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by DrivingWithBill
Good point, but the New England has been been updated much more recently with this page being created March 7th, 2019.
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-Drivingwithbill

this space intentionally left blank

Post by jaywazin
As stated we created the NER WOP to try to consolidate changes. We are awaiting final blessings from our RC to the page before formally announcing it but it seems astute editors have stumbled upon it.

We will probably still announce it once it's officially released 8-) to clarify differences, but as you may guess the text and content of the NER WOP is the direction we're going, and has been vetted already for agreement by the SMs of the region. At the moment if you go with the guidance on either state or regional pages you won't be "wrong". The main differences between state and NER pages, as things stand now, is between varying UR lifecycles and locking standards.
jaywazin
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by moogonk
Hi.

The New England page is a more recent change-in-progress as we attempt to consolidate standards that are common throughout New England that will lead to more simple state pages.

As stated in the New England page:
This page provides general guidance for editing across the New England Region.
Please also see state-specific pages for localized details.
State pages overrule the region page.

Please bear with us during this transitional period.
moogonk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Moogonk
Country Manager & Multi-State Manager--CT, ME, MA, RI, VT. Rank 5 Resident New Hampshire State Manager

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms