Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Coordinator: nzahn1 & ARC: ct13 | ldriveskier
------------------------------------------------------------
Post by nzahn1
subs5 wrote:Is there a reason we don’t just pull and only map it they are needed for a street address that is not drivable? That appears to be intention.
Staff intentions go beyond snapping destinations to routable paths (for those only reachable by walking).

They also want to improve ETA calculations by including walking times from distant parking lots to destinations. There are also implications for Carpool / rideshare too.

However, at this point, none of these are working. Which reminds me to report the issues back to Waze regarding these paths.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
subs5 wrote:But how does walking time along the entire B&O trail play into that intention?

To me this is to residences and businesses that you have to walk to. Not bike paths or hiking trails.
I concur, but I don't see a reason to make a move on anything until the tools have settled.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by SpencerFG
Trails can also be destinations so it would be nice to be able to find the closest access without having to map many PPs.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by subs5
I would lean to if there are HNs then map as routable Ped Path.

Others should be removed and not to be mapped.

Main reason for removing is too many problems creep up with the others and we don't get notified when there are changes on the back end where something that was not a problem now becomes a problem. aka RPP routing.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
Is there a reason we don’t just pull and only map it they are needed for a street address that is not drivable? That appears to be intention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
But how does walking time along the entire B&O trail play into that intention?

To me this is to residences and businesses that you have to walk to. Not bike paths or hiking trails.
nzahn1 wrote:
subs5 wrote:Is there a reason we don’t just pull and only map it they are needed for a street address that is not drivable? That appears to be intention.
Staff intentions go beyond snapping destinations to routable paths (for those only reachable by walking).

They also want to improve ETA calculations by including walking times from distant parking lots to destinations. There are also implications for Carpool / rideshare too.

However, at this point, none of these are working. Which reminds me to report the issues back to Waze regarding these paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message