Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Bmtg
New WME interface was rolled out this morning. The URComments tab doesn't show up for me. The script is trying though, every second in console it is trying to form the tab.

bmtg
Bmtg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Waze Southeast specific Links (Alabama, Florida, Georgia)
Southeast Wiki
Southeast Discord server

Post by bz2012
Feature request:
Additional option:
Close UR. Restore location and Zoom
Zoom Out 0 & Close UR
Zoom Out 2 & Close UR
Zoom Out 3 & Close UR
I often 'scan' an area by scrolling and handling URs as I come upon them.
It is nice to zoom in and see the UR area in detail, but after I handle the UR, I want to be back at the same zoom setting and see the same area that I saw before I opened the UR.
Currently, in order to do that while using this Great!!!! extension, I need to open the UR in another tab, handle it, and then close that tab. This wastes time and resources. If UrC 'remembered' the current zoom and center before it zoomed in on the UR, and [optionally] restored it when the UR was closed, it would make life smoother for me.
Perhaps the feature is there already and I have just missed seeing it?

This would add an option:

Auto restore zoom and position to 'pre-UR-open' settings when closing the UR.

Thanks again for a very useful extension. I had been doing something similar using an AutoHotKey script, but Waze broke that, in a way I can't fix easily, when they started moving things around the screen, with different buttons in different locations from one UR to another. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I edited mine by opening the javascript module in tamper monkey, selected the contents, copied them, pasted them into Notepad++ and saved as a text file with .js on the name (to let Notepad know it was in js format), then I went through and made the changes I wanted, and did a copy/paste onto the opened script in tamper monkey and did a save. When I reloaded the WME window, the changes showed up.

I am sure I could have just made the changes directly in tamper monkey, or operated on a saved copy of the .js file with any text editor, but I wanted to have an editor I was familiar with to do my editing.

Hope that helps.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I can't get the 'double click' to work properly.
I always get an error message about needing to save first because the first click changes the save status and that cues up a save operation.
So I have to click on the message and then hit the send button. THAT accomplishes the desired action but takes moving the mouse before making the second click.

also, a minor point: many of those (Double Click) notes added on cause the line to wrap and means more frequent scrolling to find the desired message. How about just adding a '*' instead, at the end of each line, then a foot note at the bottom *(Double Click). :)

By the Waze, LOVE THIS EXTENSION! Thank YOU so much for it!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
rickzabel wrote:
bz2012 wrote:I can't get the 'double click' to work properly....
By the Waze, LOVE THIS EXTENSION! Thank YOU so much for it!
your welcome and i wish i still was on vacation so i could work on it some more.
:)
as for your double click issue, the titles are still single click and based of your description it sounds like you are double clicking the title of the comment and not the words (double click).
duhhhhh..... smack [sound of palm of hand smacking forehead].
Yep. It never occurred to me that hovering of (Double Click) would give me a different message and a clue. Sorry to have bothered you.
as for the line wrap the only one that wraps on me is "No user transponder (avoid tolls) (Double Click)" i have tried to keep the titles very short so they do not wrap. but if you are using wme maximize they will wrap.
Again you hit the idiot on the head. :)

Thanks again for a very useful extension.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I was wondering how difficult it will be to have MULTIPLE different 'CUSTOM' responses.

I already have my own customized responses, and am working with the Canada Map raid.

There, I need french translations.
I thought of adding them to my custom list but thought how neat it would be to be able to choose different customs!
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Canada/Map_R ... anslations
I could always 'replace' the whole custom module, but it would be much nicer to just switch from
custom to (for example) custom Fr

EDIT: it looks like you have provisions for adding a list of such files. I am trying to figure out how to do that.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Kayos_On_The_Road wrote:Ocaisonally I see URs for missing traffic lights. The last one I used this language in response:

"Volunteer responding, Waze does not currently contain information regarding traffic lights, only red light cameras. The routing engine will take into account the time it takes to cross an intersection and the average wait time for the traffic lights are included in this. Thanks!"

Could this be considered as an addition?
easy enough to add it to the UR Comments Custom list.

Have you downloaded THAT script and installed it?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
rickzabel wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Have you downloaded THAT script and installed it?
which script?
My comment was for Kayos_On_The_Road.

I was referring to
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/6236-wme ... st.user.js
to let him know he could add that custom comment via that script.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Suddenly, the order of the custom comments seems to be scrambled.
2015-04-16_044044.png
scrambled
(70.58 KiB) Downloaded 841 times
(the close/solve group, which was near the bottom of the 'first page' has jumped to the top. The CommentTeam one still maintains the older order, the one I favor).
I was happy with them in the order that they were in.
How do I get that back?
2015-04-16_044308.png
favored
(54.21 KiB) Downloaded 848 times
EDIT: I think I see what happened. The 'Custom' file has been overwritten with a new version, removing my customizations. I will try overwriting with my saved version.
EEDIT: Yep, that fixed it.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
A problem I just noticed:
If my mouse is over the UrComments window and I use the mouse wheel to scroll downward in the window text, the whole WME map area (right edge of screen) scroll bar is effected in addition to the UrComments window.

EDIT: that vertical scroll bar seems to be from WME toolbox!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.