Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by PhantomSoul
The vast majority of subdivision neighborhoods all over NJ still have soft turn rules. Any changes made with JNF automatically harden soft rules at any junctions edited with its Q keystrokes. The result is that when Waze receives conflicting data against a hard rule, it creates an MP, vs with a soft rule it just might change it. Frankly, I think urban and suburban subdivisions are far easier to manage like this. Used screenwide, however, particularly at the higher (farther out) zoom levels, an editor can easily corrupt large swaths of the map, so we certainly don't want anyone less than R5 - who might be eager just to pick up mass amounts of edits with minimal keystrokes/clicks just to advance in rank - to be able to do this.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PHIL-IP63
Taco909 wrote:
PHIL-IP63 wrote:Always no more news about a version for Firefox ? :cry:
I've moved to Chrome for editing.
Firefox is worthless now except as a place to store scripts that are either not downloadable (one or two of the chat tools are on servers that are down), or that I always have trouble finding the download links to because the author did not create a thread on the forum (or maybe because the potential for abuse is high so they were removed)
It's your choice ;)
I prefer Firefox, I have extensions that don't exist for Chrome (not for Waze). :)
PHIL-IP63
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by phil-mtl
kentsmith9 wrote:
sketch wrote:JNF does this on its own as well.
Hmmm...I'm currently running JNF 0.2.4 and Q/W does not fix loops for me. I'm not sure when it stopped working though. So if no one else has this problem, I'll try to narrow it down.
It's not working for me either.
phil-mtl
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c6s.png
Local Champ - Canada
Based in Montreal, Quebec

Post by pumrum
I thought I saw somewhere... but I could be imagining it:

Is there a keyboard shortcut or utility that will apply the JNF to all visible junctions? It's very tedious in a metro city area with hundreds of iffy junctions (RevCon, SoftTurn, etc) to have to select each one and press Q. Obviously any such shortcut would have to be used with care.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
PhantomSoul wrote:If so, I hope it's only available to CMs. I, for one, would not want anyone not familiar with the side effects and pitfalls of en masse QW editing to be able to do this.

In fact, I would suggest that for any non-AM editor, you shouldn't be able to use JNF at all on any junction that has at least 1 hard-disabled turn on it, while AM's should have to click past a warning. This way it's harder to JNF bomb people's edits.

Agreed for sure. But now that the default action for 'Q' with JNF preserves hard disables, it's much less of a concern. If you were to zoom to an area that has say, 50 RevCons... applying a global 'Q' action would fix the RevCons and preserve all of the hard-disabled turns.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
doctorkb wrote:WME Toolbox incorporates the features you're talking about for Rank 5+ editors.
super. i guess i'll just suffer for now :D
pumrum
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
ArlenBystander wrote:I am getting the following error on the beta version of WME for the USA:

Code: Select all

WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check: wazeModel
I'm running the latest version of Chrome for MacOS and version 0.0.7.6 of JNF. FYI, I do not see the error on the regular version of WME.
I get it in production WME on Chrome via TamperMonkey, 0.0.7.6.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to JNF (or not!).
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
bgodette wrote:
qwaletee wrote:Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to JNF (or not!).
This is not a problem caused by JNF, but a problem caused by Features (WME backend) and propagation delay. JNF attempts to deal with the problems (data consistency and propagation delay) by issuing another data reload after successful saves. This issue has been around for about 2 years now, and has been referenced multiple times in this thread.
I posted the new thread in response to a another editor who (reasonably) asked that it be broken out into its own thread. I did various searches relating to the problem and only found the posts going on in the last few days, and one reference to a Chrome problem in January.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message