The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by taco909
nzahn1 wrote:Waze base-map House Numbers are the last resort.
I've never had a "hit" on an unconfirmed house number, unless it was on top of a Google pin.
It seems that in general the HN import (2013?) came from the Google database, but I have found a few here and there where the Google pin has been updated since the import and Waze routed to it in favor of the unconfirmed Waze marker.

Perhaps if the Google pin were completely removed, we would then drop to the unconfirmed Waze marker.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
okladriver wrote:
taco909 wrote: User had been leaving horrible place points all over the southland.
Located in the middle of the street, blocks from the proper location, photos were all of his leg or dashboard.
We've been dealing with a single user that has been adding place photos that are just black to a TON of spots around OKC. It's like they're just adding it to every place they can as they drive. Worst part is that they're L2 so they don't show up as PURs. I just keep stumbling onto them.

At least they didn't make 40+ markers on their house...
Your RC can put in a block if they are not responding to PMs
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
nzahn1 wrote:
JollyBoater2.png
Or the iPhone GPS problem is back.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Firree wrote:In keeping with classic tradition of this thread, here is a jolly report and my response.
14 & 58? Probably saw a B2 or F117. Maybe a NASA SR71 or TR1a.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
tckma wrote:This is why I don't think "Missing Sign" should be a reportable issue. We can't do anything about it!
It's a reportable issue? :shock:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
tckma wrote:
nzahn1 wrote:I thought it was a hazard report: HAZARD>SHOULDER>MISSING SIGN
Oh yeah, that's where I saw it.
Should be "Pedestrian"... but only activate it when on freeway segment types or else it'll be all over the shopping districts.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I've been to that gas station.
That place should be flagged because their prices are oh so very wrong :lol:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AndyPoms wrote:Although now with U-Turn control, we may be able to do away with bow-ties all together....
Bingo.
Some issues remain, such as it being penalty-based, so if you MUST make a u-turn and there is no legal option down the street, or if traffic is extremely heavy, the penalty will still be violated.
This is one area where it would be nice to be able to route through PLRs. IMHO, routing through a PLR should be a lower penalty than the "H/Box" geometry U-turn penalty.

But for "T" intersections such as this, there is never a need for a bowtie since the u-turns can be hard-coded in or out.
One case where a bowtie may be the only solution might be where U-turns are restricted during certain hours due to anti-cruising ordinances.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
That could be a supporting report for a nearby UR?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AndyPoms wrote:I have half the mind to let this one sit for a month or two and then reply "HEY!! Someone else survived! There is a small survivor group in <some random location>, we have food".
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich