These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by cosmicrayola
All this sporadic GPS with Waze™ seemed to start right around the same time congress allowed net neutrality to end.
I've done everything they suggest, numerous times, and the GPS on this app is working 20% of the time ... at best.
Any other app that's similar? esp with police alerts ahead?
cosmicrayola
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
The lost GPS issue is definitely annoying. I had it on my original Samsung Galaxy S phone (running Gingerbread) and my new Droid DNA (running Jelly Bean). The Galaxy would lose GPS completely and stop tracking my movements; the DNA only puts up the error message when trying to submit gas prices and it goes away if I immediately try to submit prices again.

The easiest solution I've found is to simply turn off GPS and turn it back on via settings. Once it re-locks Waze will be fine for a while.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrazyNinjaMom
I am having the same problem on my iphone 6+. I've tried rebooting, turning location service off/on, logging out/in. Google maps is having no problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!
CrazyNinjaMom
Send a message

Post by csquare
I am also having the issue with the No GPS Connection.
I have an iPhone 3GS with OS 6.0.1.
I am not traveling out in the sticks. I am traveling along a major interstate and Waze cannot find me.
csquare
Send a message

Post by Daknife
Not sure about all the folks having problems with their new IPhones, but on my Galaxy S I ended up buying a bluetooth GPS antenna, and use it almost exclusively because the weak GPS receiver is a known weakness in the GS devices.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
I have the Dual150 GPS, you have to go into the devices settings and tell it to allow Mock GPS data, but then it works like a charm. It came with full instructions.

Note there are less expensive ones out there, I imagine they work fairly well, but I have no experience with them Amazon linky
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by dananthony11
I am also experiencing this problem. My specifics:

* Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - At&t
* Android Version 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
* Windshield mounted unobstructed view of sky
* Google maps works perfectly when I switch over after getting the Waze GPS no signal alert.

I try shutting down Waze and restarting it, turning off/on gps on my phone, but nothing. It comes and goes. I'm a fairly new user so I don't know how it worked in the past.
dananthony11
Send a message

Post by DaneChua
Just want to ask anyone here experiencing issues with their GPS navigation (Waze, google maps, Maps) Since I updated my ios to 10.2.1 I started having "NO GPS" issues. I tried to reset network settings, switch on and off my airplane mode and location services and lastly tried to restore my phone. But still didn't fix the issue. (Using an Iphone 7 plus) also tried removing my case. But i tried sending my location with Messenger, viber, whatsapp, uber, grab my location is correct. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
DaneChua
Send a message

Post by DaneChua
Thank you for the reply. Sorry if i posted it in a wrong section. Hope someone can help. Thanks
DaneChua
Send a message

Post by danniny
This same issue has been going on w/me too. I've opened tickets twice and did the whole "location services & hard reset" thing multiple times-it's not working. I didn't realize I depended on WAZE this much but now I'm about to chuck my phone out the window. Does anyone have any other suggestions in fixing this "NO GPS" issue? How come WAZE doesn't address this issue w/it's users?
danniny
Send a message