Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by GarvinGray
I uninstalled the old JAI and attempted to install your version. Still got the same message in chrome.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
seb-d59 wrote:Do you have tampermonkey for chrome (or greasemonkey for firefox) installed?
tampermonkey for chrome- no
greasemonkey for firefox- yes

In anticipation of your next response and because it is easy to re-install greasemonkey, I uninstalled greasemonkey and tried again to re-installed this latest version.

Same microsoft message. I re-downloaded your script and tried again. No go. Same microsoft message.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

Post by GarvinGray
tampermonkey has been installed. And attempted the re-install of the script and I now have JAI back again for chrome. Thank you
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GiorgioLontano
Renatofg92 wrote:
jwe252 wrote:Also does not work in beta
So, I've been suffering from this problem lately. The script is not running in WME Beta, both v1.10.0 from Chrome Web Store and v1.11 from Greasyfork.

Does anyone have any kind of workaround?
Now it's not running in regular WME. :(
GiorgioLontano
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
I've had no luck getting JAI to work.

I've tried Alan's patched version and now the myriades version and still nothing. Both extensions seem to install ok with no errors. Neither version shows in the Layers drop-down either.

Also tried with it being the ONLY extension running, and cleared the Chrome cache.

Anyone else having issues getting it to run?

(As a cautionary side note. I initially could not get the script to install using Notepad++ to create the file. On my Windows 7 system, I had to use Notepad. Notepad++ may require a different setting to work.)

I'll also try to post this in the French forum.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by GizmoGuy411
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:I've had no luck getting JAI to work.
You are saving it as .user.js right? And developer mode is enabled?
Yes to both. And same result for your version and myriades version too. I have not tried the other version prior to yours yet.

Without the xxxx.user.js I don't think they even would have installed. They both displayed in the Chrome Extension page as installed and enabled.

For both I deleted them, cleared cache, closed Chrome and then reopened it before installing.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
(and past GLR RC)
Wiki Profile

Post by GizmoGuy411
ohiostmusicman wrote: GG,

The only one I had success with was tkr's version...none of the others would work for me in Chrome.
Stuck at a hotel In beautiful Richmond Indiana, I finally got a chance to get some RC work done, and to try tkr's version. It worked! Thanks Travis.
2014-02-19_23h44_58.png
(21.89 KiB) Downloaded 2399 times
I wish I knew js so that I could try to figure out why Alan's and myriade's versions did not work for me.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
(and past GLR RC)
Wiki Profile

Post by GizmoGuy411
myriades wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:They both displayed in the Chrome Extension page as installed and enabled
Extension page? Are you talking on tampermonkey overview or chrome extension page?
Chrome Extension page. I am not using FireFox or Tampermonkey.

Thank you for commenting here. I was just composing a message in French! :)
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
(and past GLR RC)
Wiki Profile

Post by GizmoGuy411
Thank you milkboy! Your version 1.5.8 works for me fine.

The version by Alan and myriade did not, so I had to use tkr85's version in the meanwhile.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
(and past GLR RC)
Wiki Profile

Post by Glodenox
Heads-up: this script will stop working once the current beta WME version goes live. Instead of retrieving the OpenLayers map via W.map.olMap, you're supposed to call W.map.getOLMap(). This should be a simple drop-in replacement, which also works fine on the production WME.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
https://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeBelgium.pnghttps://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png