These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Darkskygel
what kind of app is that living social app? got the same issue but i dont have that kind of app installed in my phone.
Darkskygel
Send a message

Post by darrez_85
hrundel.il wrote:I have the same problem on my note 1 4.1.2 with waze 3.7.7.0
Every time Waze looses my location I just turn the screen off and after a couple if seconds - here I am on the map again!!!!! Then I just listen to directions ....
I can't understand that bug ...... every other program runs well with no GPS problems at all
damn...i hv the exact problem as you do....hv to put waze on the background then the gps will connected. open back the waze then gps will loss again... :cry:
darrez_85
Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
Which iPad model are you using and what's your current OS
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by db4d8742d14e477c822c4774db2a0e60
I had this same issue and it was driving me absolutely insane because nothing worked. Then I saw videos on YouTube to unscrew your phone but I have a much upgraded phone which disabled me from unscrewing. Then randomly I noticed the only thing I changed about my phone was my new case. I swear to you, I took the case of for shits and giggles and restarted my phone, the damn GPS worked. I couldn't believe it. So I put the case back on and reopened the GPS app, it stopped working again! Not sure if this will work for everyone but it doesn't hurt to try!
db4d8742d14e477c822c4774db2a0e60
Send a message

Post by dingdong123
Guys, I have the same issue. I'm using a T-Mobile Samsung Note 4. It shows no GPS. Everything else works (Google Maps, Gps test, GPS Status.) I've uninstalled and reinstalled Waze. Installed the previous version of waze. Cleared the phone cache and dalvik cache. Tighten the screws...everything...and it still doesn't work. I figure if everything else works but not Waze, it has to be a software issue.

Waze dev, please fix this bug please!!!!! Thank you.
dingdong123
Send a message
Attachments

Post by dka78
gordovious wrote:Same issue here with my new HTC One M9- my phone loses GPS *and* cell signal.
Waze worked fine on my HTC Amaze, but now with a new phone, updated operating system (5.0.2) and new version of Waze (3.9.4.0), it randomly drops out.
Now what? Who/where do we go?
Gordon
I have the same phone, and it has the exact same problem. Prior to this, I had the LG Nexus 5, and it never encountered this problem. I do ridesharing, so it's dangerous to have the app go out on me -- not only GPS but data, too. I would restart the phone when this happens (while driving) only if several airplane mode switches don't work, but restarting the phone doesn't fix it permanently. GPS and data would disconnect about an hour or so later again.
dka78
Send a message

Post by dka78
galileo5 wrote:
gordovious wrote:Same issue here with my new HTC One M9- my phone loses GPS *and* cell signal.
Waze worked fine on my HTC Amaze, but now with a new phone, updated operating system (5.0.2) and new version of Waze (3.9.4.0), it randomly drops out.
Now what? Who/where do we go?
Gordon
I have the same phone, and it has the exact same problem. Prior to this, I had the LG Nexus 5, and it never encountered this problem. I do ridesharing, so it's dangerous to have the app go out on me -- not only GPS but data, too. I would restart the phone when this happens (while driving) only if several airplane mode switches don't work, but restarting the phone doesn't fix it permanently. GPS and data would disconnect about an hour or so later again.
I have a temporary quick fix that I discovered that doesn’t require restarting the phone. I have the HTC One M9. Data and GPS go out simultaneously once in a while whenever I use the Waze app.

These are the steps (in this order) that I take to reconnect to both GPS and to data:

1. Turn on Airplane Mode;
2. Turn off Location;
3. Turn Location back on;
4. Turn Airplane Mode back off.

Data and GPS will be fixed instantly. Unfortunately, this isn’t a permanent fix, so whenever GPS and data get disconnected again, follow those four steps under Settings, and everything will be fine -- for the time being.
dka78
Send a message

Post by DohertyRams
I started have this problem with the recent update on my iPhone. iOS 13.1.2
I’ve don’t everything, hard reset, soft reset, etc. I’ve deleted the app off my phone, reload it same problem. I’ve logged into my Waze on my husbands phone, same problem, but my husbands phone is working fine with same update, same phone, just a different log in. I even went to the apple store to see if they could help, all I know is my phone is set up properly to use it, that the issue is with WAZE.
DohertyRams
Send a message

Post by downhilla4
I keep getting the "no GPS signal, please make sure you are outside" error message when trying to update Gas Prices this past week. My phone setting have been the same, location turned on, been back on version 3.9 for 2 months. Any ideas? I have to click "Gas Prices" a few times before the erroressage goes away.
downhilla4
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png
Rally North America Rally: Team Stop Texting
15,352 Rally miles in 2015

Post by downhilla4
Hey all,

Past few days I've been receiving the, "No GPS Reception in location, make sure you are outdoors" error. Every time I try making a report or update Gas Prices. Been using the same 3.9 version, Location is on phone, no updates on Waze or phone has happened. Phone is used in same location in the car for the past 3 years.

Not sure what changed, over the past few days. Will try clearing all cache on App and try again later.

Thoughts on what it could be? Are they finally kicking us out of the old, cleaner Waze versions? Thanks!
downhilla4
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png
Rally North America Rally: Team Stop Texting
15,352 Rally miles in 2015