Wichita Aera Managers

Post by MPaxx
I was wondering if there would be any way to put out an ad requesting an area manager for the Wichita area? I've been getting more and more into editing and noticed there is no area manager in or around Wichita! What would be the best way to get an area manager around for problems found around this area?

Thanks in advance! :)
MPaxx
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17038759

Send a message

Post by BlueTiger68
I'm not sure KS has a State Manager currently. And yes if you are interested in becoming an AM you could apply for a small area to get comfortable with and expand from there.
BlueTiger68
Send a message

Post by bretmcvey
Ideally having someone that lives in the area. This is an issue anywhere in the country. You just have to find people that enjoy the meticulous nature of editing.

I try to delve into Wichita when I can, but my primary areas of focus are Nebraska and Iowa. Even in major cities you might have only one primary editor and in others several (the three Nebraska State Managers including myself are all based in one metro area).

There used to be another editor that more regularly oversaw things in Wichita, but I think their schedule got busy.

Editor retention is also a bit of an issue.

If you notice someone making new edits in Wichita and ones that may need some revising, message them and kindly encourage while also pointing them to the Waze Wiki article on Best Practices. Not all will bite on that... but if just one does... maybe you'll get your wish!
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by bretmcvey
I don't recall what the area manager requirements are, but editing is an ongoing learning process. Feel free to message me if you need assistance I'll double-check though as can't remember off the top of my head who the KS State Manger is.

If you're truly interested though, I wouldn't hesitate to apply.
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bretmcvey
Yes, just confirmed with the1who there's no State Manager currently for KS. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by KC-Guardrail
Welcome to editing Tex. If interested, we have a KS editor Google Hang Out set up for immediate communication between the editing community. It's helpful for unlocks, help, tips and tricks, etc. if you'd like to join, PM me your gmail address and I can add you in.

A belch from my electronic leash.
KC-Guardrail
Send a message

Post by MPaxx
Well I live in the Wichita area and have lived here all my life. I know I'm too low of a level to be an area manager and seeing as I'm still learning the ways of editing but hopefully if I keep it up and get down all the rules and what not I'll apy for an area manager spot. But I will assume if I need something done in an area I don't have unlocked, your someone I can go to if need be?
MPaxx
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MPaxx
I will definitely keep that in mind, and will look into filling out an area manager application! Thanks bretmcvey!
MPaxx
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MPaxx
I did go ahead and put in an application for area manager, so I guess I will just sit back for now until then and edit away while I wait! Thanks again for all of the information!
MPaxx
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Squint588
My name is Squint588 and I am currently an Area Manger in the Wichita Area.
Squint588
Send a message
Squint588 (4) AM KS
Area Manager: Kansas