Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Grid64
Part of the fun is looking at GPS trails for roundabouts. So pretty.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Grid64
Looking at new shopping centers and construction on roads, I want to say the GPS layer is updated weekly which is very nice as a reference for where new roads should go when satellite is still behind.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by hebermc
taco909 wrote:Interesting, but what would be more useful would be color indicating velocity. The direction of the arrows indicate the direction and position, but some kind of speed indication would be helpful in locating segments that are causing routing problems due to corrupted data, or perhaps pollution from a nearby parking lot (or a freeway "sharing" data with a frontage road)
There are addons that can display the segment speed.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by jcog69
Not find it useful to add color to indicate the direction of an arrow, for that serves (due to its shape).
I suggest that the colors indicate the old of a GPS trail, would be more useful.
jcog69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by juanfelipep
Thanks Adrian
juanfelipep
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Koldfusion77
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
This is interesting. I knew the different colors represented different directions, but that circle above with all the colors on it helps it make sense. Thanks!
hebermc wrote:
taco909 wrote:Interesting, but what would be more useful would be color indicating velocity. The direction of the arrows indicate the direction and position, but some kind of speed indication would be helpful in locating segments that are causing routing problems due to corrupted data, or perhaps pollution from a nearby parking lot (or a freeway "sharing" data with a frontage road)
There are addons that can display the segment speed.
Where would one find that add-on?
taco909 wrote:I have that, and it is useful, but having the fine resolution of the GPS points reflecting speeds would be more useful.
As it is with the addon, I can see that maybe a freeway segment runs 45, and the frontage road runs 35.
Are those accurate, or is the frontage road poorly placed and it's actually 65/25? Is there a cluster of invalid points that are showing 15, or someone using Waze while on a bicycle and corrupting the data?
I hadn't really thought about this aspect of it, but it would be nice to know actual speed, like taco99 mentioned.
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
Thank you for your speedy reply. I added it, now how does it work? I found it in a separate tab on the left WME pannel, but I'm not sure what to put into the "A" and "B" boxes. Where do the results show up?

I tried putting my home address in Box A (maybe not a good idea, since I live in the country), and the town where I shop (11 miles away, over country roads) in Box B, and clicked "calculate route," but I can't see that it did anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kathy

(By asking here instead of sending you a PM, maybe your answer will be able to help someone else, later.)
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
taco909 wrote:It's a big Wiki... It has taken years to assemble, and takes months to read ;)
Yes, though the "Interface and Controls" is the "what's on the screen and how does it work" page so I'd have thought it would have been read rather early in the learning process.
I don't think I've seen that particular wiki page, Alan. When I was brand new (not too long ago), I found the entire wiki overwhelming, and I still have a hard time finding what I'm looking for when I need it. (I did find this just now by doing a Google search for the exact title, but if one doesn't know the correct terminology to search for . . . .)

As taco99 said, a lot of WME is (fairly) intuitive, and I've asked a lot of questions about things I don't understand.

I really appreciate people like you (and many others) being patient with me, and answering my questions.

Kathy
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message