These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Imajoebob
WHY DID GOOGLE SABOTAGE MY WAZE??!!
Since I didn't update the client, and I made no changes to my phone, the only reason Waze suddenly started crashing when it connects to the network is that Google DELIBERATELY SABOTAGED the Windows Phone version. I guess it's just coincidental that it happens exactly when you detect I'm using a Windows phone?

I know you guys have a reputation of being slimy, but if you think I'm going to switch to one of YOUR phones when this is how you try to compete, you're f****** crazy.
Imajoebob
Send a message

Post by ImmortalLobster
First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)
ImmortalLobster
Send a message

Post by ImmortalLobster
Some more feedback now that I've had a chance to use it some.

1) the Audio is kinda quiet, even with volumes set to max
2) can you route the audio, and hopefully in the future, the mic through Bluetooth?
3) Gonna throw in speech recognition again, I really think some focus needs to go towards this.
4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.

other than that, great job guys!

Lumia 920 WP8 GDR3
ImmortalLobster
Send a message

Post by ImmortalLobster
rapiddani wrote:
brighcj wrote:4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.
Phone getting hot is OK... We are used to it by now... Playing any 'more serious' game gives the same effect.
For me the biggest flaw is that, while using Waze the battery drains more than it charges (L920 GDR2)...
today I started from 100% fresh off the charger - was driving and wazing (3g network) for about ~50mins, while constantly charging with Nokia cr-200 - at the end battery is drained down to 65%.... that means I couldn't even use it for 3 hours with this charger.

That's why I passed on the CR-200, I found in my research that it only charges at 1.6a iirc. I was losing charge well enough at 2.4a. I solved it by buying a 3.1a charger, ran any GPS including trapster without great loss to the battery, for the most part it held stable. Waze needs to make it suck less Batt, for their own sake as well. For extended data collection. We'll see if the 4.2a charge can provider enough juice, I don't see any other chargers offering more than that for the car, so that's the last solution I have. Again, I don't mind the heat, but the phone is more a safety device than a nav system, so if I have to choose between navigating a long trip, or keeping a full charge, full charge wins.
ImmortalLobster
Send a message

Post by ImmortalLobster
Can you add low volume to that?

I mean, driving my suburban which is a quiet vehicle, with volumenmaxed, could still barely hear it. :(

L920 GDR3
ImmortalLobster
Send a message

Post by inglau
Hi,

I'm new on this forum but I would like to add a post to this thread.

I've been using Waze for more then 2 years now around PAris (France) and it was really helpful on an everyday basis.

I had the opportunity to replace my Nexus 4 for a Nokia Lumia 930. It's a great phone, personal data safer and so on and I was really disappointed when I discovered that Waze wasn't updated for windowsphones (Like "WT.???" o: )

For different reasons, I went back to Android with a dual-sim chinese-manufactured mobile phone... And again, Waze crashes...
inglau
Send a message

Post by Itguy2000
That is the same stock reply they have been giving since Google bought them. They refuse to update the app yet they leave it available and advertise it on their website. Either update it or remove it. It's really that simple.
Itguy2000
Send a message

Post by J_i_m_s_t_e_r
Voice on my Nokia 1520 suddenly changed to male voice.
Selected "Kate" back.
No voice.
Selected "Thomas"
No voice.
Selected other country then reselected UK
Says Voice is "Simon" - 'TF - Wasn't even in the UK voice list.
Reinstalled App.
No voice.
Hard reset device.
Reinstalled App.
Umpteen times.
On wifi.
Still No voice.
Downloads voices on wifi (apart from Terminator - sticks at 0%), but regardless of what other voice is selected, nothing.

Windows version is dog muck.

THANKS GOOGLE.

I might just get a cheap android basher as I'm doing a lot of miles and it's saved me hours in the past.
J_i_m_s_t_e_r
Send a message

Post by J_i_m_s_t_e_r
CoolCityCat wrote:
jimsterapasstru wrote:Voice on my Nokia 1520 suddenly changed to male voice.
Selected "Kate" back.
No voice.
Selected "Thomas"
No voice.
Selected other country then reselected UK
Says Voice is "Simon" - 'TF - Wasn't even in the UK voice list.
Reinstalled App.
No voice.
Hard reset device.
Reinstalled App.
Umpteen times.
On wifi.
Still No voice.
Downloads voices on wifi (apart from Terminator - sticks at 0%), but regardless of what other voice is selected, nothing.

Windows version is dog muck.

THANKS GOOGLE.

I might just get a cheap android basher as I'm doing a lot of miles and it's saved me hours in the past.
Tom's and Kate's voices were permanently retired from the app globally. Nothing to do with phone OS or Waze version. Got the info from Waze news feed.
Why did reinstalling the app last week still offer these as choices? I can't get ANY of the UK voices to work. Whole drive has silent direction.

OK so while your post is on screen, I've (on wifi) uninstalled Waze.
Reinstalled Waze.
Started it.
Waited.
Downloading Languages (completed)
Installing Languages (completed)

Checked default Language: English (UK)
Checked default Voice : English (UK) (Kate)

As I hear she's recently retired, I pressed the name to select another voice. Choices are:

English (UK) (Kate)
English (UK) (Thomas)
English (US) (Jane)

I heard Thomas took the redundancy package too, it doesn't leave the UK much choice.
Not wanting a US voice, I clicked Language: English (UK) and was offered the international list.

Picked English (UK).

Popup box says

"Language: English (UK)
Voice: English (UK) (Simon)"
OK

Let's see if Simon made it to Settings, All, General :

Settings, All, General :
Language: English (UK)
Navigation Guidance: English (UK) (Kate)

So, no Simon.

Choices are still:

English (UK) (Kate)
English (UK) (Thomas)
English (US) (Jane)

Restarted app and phone, still the same.

App still has Kate there. Cannot get rid of her. I guess this is why it's silent?
J_i_m_s_t_e_r
Send a message
Last edited by J_i_m_s_t_e_r on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by J_i_m_s_t_e_r
I also borrowed my son's old puny Android handset and installed Waze on it this week.

Works like a charm of course.

Default voice?

English (UK) (Kate).

I guess she didn't get that email.
J_i_m_s_t_e_r
Send a message