WME v1.9 Release - Official Feedback Thread

Post by
Hey, a new editor version is here.

Changes:
  • Closures - real-time closures are now editable from the editor!
    • This feature is visible to everyone, but closures are only available to level 5 users and up. We can configure this on a per-country basis.
    • Known issue - client-created closures are shown with '1970' as their end date.
    • Known issue - we currently do not display the creator / updater of a closure.
    • Known issue - rare issue we are working on resolving but could still happen - sometimes, changes to a closure require a few seconds wait and a refresh to be reflected correctly.
  • A new roads image layer - A completely renovated, much better looking, new roads layer. You can try it by enabling the 'experimental roads' layer. Many things are much clearer, in addition to added functionality such as displaying scheduled restrictions and toll roads. (Not available in IL).
  • New toolbar button for adding point places - (known issue - it is now significantly more difficult to create areas. We are working on an improvement for this in the next version)
  • New Zoom handle design
  • We now show a clearer error when a duplicate place is created
  • We now show and image carousel in new place update requests which contain several pictures by the same user
  • We now automatically turn-on layers that are specified in the permalink
  • Fixed an issue where the zoom bar might have been hidden by the user drive panel
  • Added location button to place update panels
  • We now display managed areas in the areas tab
  • Improved translations for duration strings
  • Improved colors for UR/MP additional info lines. Designed to work with the new roads layer.
  • Place update markers are now colored according to how recent they are.
  • The MP/UR edit panel is now scrollable for smaller screens.
  • Update request conversation are now clearer - better separation between editors and reporters
  • Fixed an issue where house number editor toolbar wraps in some languages
  • Fixed - Ignore restrictions defined in non-drivable directions
  • Fixed - Wrong date in place image dialog when language isn't English
  • Fixed - Chat rank cones are misaligned when language is RTL
  • Fixed - Live users layer name is now translateable
  • Fixed - Alternate street editing is not possible if the segment has no primary street
  • Fixed - Update request edit panel title isn't translatable
  • Fixed - Chat does not always show up after login
As always, please let us know if you have any feedback. More great editor things are on the way ;)

Happy editing and a great week! :) :) :)

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
e-sarge wrote:Also, is there any way we can reduce the amount of space the two blue menu bars take up on the screen? Less "Window", more "Map Editor" ... please???
Shift+f removes the web links and gives you a bit more space.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Kinematic wrote:Street Bug: When editing a street that already contains a state and street but no city, on occasion I will get an error that states no concurrent state, city, street name. Once I switch it back to the normal roads box I can pull up the missing information on the street to edit it. It's extremely tough to duplicate it though for screenshot purposes.
The street colors you see are merely PNG files. The actual street objects are a totally separate and single layer. What you are experiencing is unlikely related to the road layer images selected.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Olestas wrote:Closures still don't appear until you refresh.
Keep trying! I know you've posted it about it for... at least several weeks. Someday it will work.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Guardian4ngel wrote:Had a problem with the Closures feature. I could add and edit but not remove them in production. Had to use WME Beta to remove the added closure.
There have been periodic issues with Closures. I tried to add one today. It gave an error. I waited 30s and submitted and it was fine. Then I attempted to update the close date, and it threw an error. I waited 15s and submitted the same and it saved fine. That seems to suggest an issue with communicating with the real-time server farms to update the segments in real time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
voludu2 wrote:How experimental are experimental roads? If MH are going to look like the Freeways used to look, this is going to be a very confusing switch some day.
The colors haven't changed in 5 months for PS, mH, MH and FW. I'd not expect them to change much or at all. I would suggest that you just make the switch and start letting it grow on you. I found going back to the regular road layer I got confused... :oops:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
qwaletee wrote:For the experimental layer, the selected-segment blue highlight is much too close to the freeway blue segment color. I have trouble distinguishing them. I am not color blind, but for this, I feel like it.
Ohad said they would change that back in October...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kpouer wrote:Oh so residential street numbers even without a photo can be used for example for a building which has a street number, but the entrance is somewhere else (in fact my house seems like that, a pedestrian street, so a driver cannot reach it and the closest destination according to waze is not good).
Yes. I've had to add "residential" address-only Places to fix address-search routing a lot. It's actually a recommended solution.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
qwaletee wrote:Do we have that documented in the wiki?
Maybe? :oops: I thought it had been added to the https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_number ... arnings.29 section at least, but I don't see it. That and the Places wiki page should be updated.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
karlcr9911 wrote:Minor 'unintended feature' (aka bug) I noticed a bit ago. The original search box is white (image 1) but if you paste a permalink in the search box, the box turns dark (image 2). Even if you search a city/state, the box stays dark and even if you clear out all text from the box, it stays dark (image 3). If you refresh WME, the white shading returns.
Please report bugs only with ALL extensions disabled. Your screenshot shows you are clearly running an extension as "permalink" is not part of the standard WME text in the search box.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
russblau wrote:New bug: Can't save a Residential Place.

Every time I try to save a Residential Place, I get the following error message:
Saving Error
The highlighted place has an invalid house number
Suggestion Check and try again
I can save the same Place as a public place, in any category, with the same house number. But when I subsequently edit the Place, doing nothing but click on the "Convert to residential" link followed by Save, the above error consistently appears.
This will also happen if there is already a private Place with the same address, street, city, state. Somewhere. Or too far from existing House Numbers in the sequence, or too far from the named street.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message