Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Turn off weather notifcations

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Rain hasn't been an alert in the app for a few releases now. What version are you running or where are you seeing this rain alert?

You cannot turn off individual alerts at this time but it has been requested in a future release.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

Postby karlcr9911 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 pm

This is now available in the latest iOS release available now in the AppStore.

This setting is found under Waze Settings >Display & map > Alerts on route.

Enjoy!

Waze_AlertsOnRoute.png
(28.51 KiB) Downloaded 2033 times
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby kd5nrh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:24 pm

steinauf85 wrote:this thread is 2 years old. Instead of locking duplicate threads complaining about the issue, why doesn't Waze just fix the issue?

Don't be silly; they've got more important things to do like continue to rearrange the whole user interface to something hideous where you can't find your most used functions anymore.
kd5nrh

Re: How do I turn off voice navigation but keep speed camera

Postby kdevries » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Speedcam alert only triggers when you are exceeding the speed limit
[ img ]
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby keefmckay » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:49 pm

The pointless alerts drive me nuts. Looks like there are plenty of others who feel the same way. It seems like I can't drive for 30 seconds without a pop-up. It's distracting and annoying. We need a way to disable the alerts (just show the icon on the map), or better yet selectively disable alerts. Alert fatigue is by far the worst aspect of Waze, an otherwise great app.

"Vehicle stopped on shoulder." Ugh. I've seen this one hundreds (if not thousands of times) and it's never important. People just love reporting them for internet points. The weather ones don't come up nearly as often, but I have no idea why Waze thought they were a good idea. It's foggy? Thanks Einstein, I didn't notice! I always click "not there" for those out of spite.
keefmckay

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:37 pm

I often hear requests to separate some of these alerts. I have agreed with korz idea to enable a fourth audio alert option for certain reports.

I have added these ideas to our tracking sheet for a 4th audio alert type along with a secondary proposal to enable user control what is in that category. This has been on the list for a long time as item #20, which is not a reflection of its priority or order.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 pm

We have a long standing request for allowing the individual user to control if/when they are presented with some of these hazards.
MGODLEW wrote:Request submitted to Waze, Ticket # 20: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

I made some edits to that request to provide a new fourth audio alert level that defaults to only include police, accidents, and objects ON the road. Also added is the desired ability to have user control of which alerts are in this new audio alert category.

I am consolidating all the feature requests related to vehicle stopped on shoulder and too many alerts to this one thread. Threads closed and redirected here include:

PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:02 pm

ThomasPfau wrote:Also, why does it tell me 'accident reported ahead' but doesn't pop up the notification telling me where? I have to go through the all reports page to find out. Makes no sense.

I believe the Accident Reported Ahead audio without the visual alert is something that is triggered in advance of the 0.5 Mile distance usually being triggered. I hear similar warnings for Traffic Slowdown Ahead in advance of the 0.5 mile distance.

Then when I get within 0.5 Miles of the accident or traffic I get the typical alert unless the traffic or accident is gone by then. I have not studied it enough to confirm all the details around this operation though.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:20 am

taco909 wrote:I have not been getting the visual alert since 3.9.0.0... even when announced at 0.5 mile (based on the visible police alert and the map alert icon locations).

I noticed in your prior reply as well that you are seeing something I had not realized changed from before. It makes sense now that I seem to be getting it more often.

As for multiple warnings on the same incident, I am not seeing that on iOS.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:00 pm

taco909 wrote:You should be able to shut the camera warning off under display settings.

I have not tried disabling them in the past, but I only see the Speed Cameras. Does that entry cover both speed and light cameras?

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests