Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ldriveskier
I am VERY happy that Validator is working again. Thank you!!! However, I get a pop-up every time I open a page in WME or hard refresh WME. I don't know if it is something that changed in Validator or an incorrect setting on my end, but it is annoying. Can someone help to get rid of this please?
Validator_popup.JPG
(36.66 KiB) Downloaded 2556 times
Thank you!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
SuperDave1426 wrote:I'm probably missing something here.... :-) What exactly is the problem that the date fix script fixes, and is it really necessary for the proper/better functioning of other scripts?

Thanks for any info!
The "problem" is more of a preference. The default for the date display is very long, so this shortens it up and makes it easier to read. Here is a link to another thread that explains it: viewtopic.php?p=1540156#p1540156
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:I read the code, didn't try yet. Looks very promising! It basically grabs the latest rendering class from WME and apply it to Validator. This will (hopefully) show highlights. Neat!
I tried it and it is WORKING for me.

Thank you, dbcm!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Thanks to markr4468 for detailed instructions on installation of dbcm's fix:

1) Go To Tampermonkey Dashboard
2) Click Utilities Tab
3) Paste http://dbcm.github.io/waze/valfix/valfix.js in the URL Box
4) Click Import
5) Click Install
6) Click Installed Userscripts Tab
7) Click On Waze Map Editor - Validator Fix
8) Click On Settings
9) Set Position to #1
10) Hard Refresh in WME
11) Enable Any Localization Files you have.

(Note: If you disabled Validator, don't forget to re-enable it!)
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Last edited by ldriveskier on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ldriveskier
Glodenox wrote:So the addition of the ExtendedSVG renderer fixes the script already? I've just installed the userscript at https://dbcm.github.io/waze/valfix/valfix.js as a userscript on Firefox, but the validator still doesn't seem to work yet here (I've made it so that the fix gets executed before validator).

I'll look into it later if other people say this does seem to fix validator for them.
dbcm said "In the case you are using WME Validator through Tampermonkey", so it sounds like you need to use Tampermonkey.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
jangliss - is that a problem with Validator and its fix or with a validator Localization script? I know the Localization scripts that I use were modified after the language change, so yours might need that also.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Sorry, I don't understand the nuts and bolts of the required updates, but I know that XanderB updated the Validator Localization scripts for the states that I use it for when the new language was released to WME. I would suggest dropping him a PM if you'd like to compare notes (or to point him to your post here). Good luck!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
I would recommend locking this thread and adding a "MOD NOTE" to the OP like was done for the Closest Segment script. This topic could be reopened if/when the original author returns.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
RichardPyne wrote:Using version 2019.09.24 when trying to scan, it appears that the scan starts, then just stalls.
Try turning off other scripts, especially WME Color Highlights. IME, it seems to be a script conflict.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
berestovskyy wrote: 24.02.2014 v0.7.3:
- NEW for All 'BETA: Overlapping segments at node A/B'
- NEW for All 'BETA: Too sharp turn at node A/B'
- check IDs moved to the end of the check title
Something isn't quite right. The only instruction I'm getting is "Zoom out to start WME Validator". I'm at zoom level 0, and can't go out anymore :)
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa