The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

what happened to the list?

Post by
What happened to the navigation list? Prior to the update you could hit the button on the bottom right and choose to see the navigation list. Is that gone now?

POSTER_ID:2458642

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please vote in the thread created last month in the client forum.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bgodette
gettingthere wrote:
krankyd wrote:hi,
it wasn't taken out because we want it out, simply because we weren't able to fit it into the new version that was released. We are thinking of a way to bring it back in.
In the mean time, some of the community members are working on a new user script that allows you to check the route from the livemap (for those who used the nav list to validate routes). Hopefully it will be published later on this week.

thanks
How about when you click on the next turn instruction at the top of the navigation screen it then opens that navigation list that shows all of the turns on the route? Won't take a space on the settings menu. One click from the navigation screen.
And that's basically how most other gas apps and PNDs do it. It's effectively the expected location of the nav list now.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
You mean the one posted here? Could let us know the differences between the pulling the instructions in the live map and pulling them on the client. The instructions given are different between the live map and my Android. So far the routes have been the same for me. But, the exact same thing does not happen when getting directions on the Live Map and getting directions on the phone. Can you tell us the differences?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Cyn-Drives
Me, too! It's really pretty useless to me without it . . .
Cyn-Drives
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
It was removed in 3.0. If you do a search on the boards you'll see others have mentioned it and indeed most beta testers also requested it be re-added.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by doc-c
It seems the navigation list was removed from the current update. I find it helpful when driving to know the name of the next street or exit to take - aka list view-not just wait until I am told to turn. Hopefully this will be added with the next update. The new interface is otherwise an improvement. :?:
doc-c
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
I want it, too!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Also dearly missed: an option to set the STARTpoint for routing. Was buggy and hardly workable in the old versions, but somehow very powerful when testing the quality of the map with my iPad. Would be totally ok if it still existed but buried deep into the options, not as prominent as it was. Together with the list, it was a great help.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gettingthere
krankyd wrote:hi,
it wasn't taken out because we want it out, simply because we weren't able to fit it into the new version that was released. We are thinking of a way to bring it back in.
In the mean time, some of the community members are working on a new user script that allows you to check the route from the livemap (for those who used the nav list to validate routes). Hopefully it will be published later on this week.

thanks
How about when you click on the next turn instruction at the top of the navigation screen it then opens that navigation list that shows all of the turns on the route? Won't take a space on the settings menu. One click from the navigation screen.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico