These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Jackolope
So we are in a catch 22, you won't write an updated application because more users aren't on the platform but more users won't come to the platform because folks with that attitude on the other application stores won't produce applications. Maybe if more app developers just decided to start supporting Windows 10 phones then people would buy and then the users would come.
I just came back to Windows phone from an Android phone and I am sad to see that nothing has been done since I left last year. :cry:
Jackolope
Send a message

Post by Jackoutsider
I received yesterday from Waze support team the following message :

" Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your feedback.

Please know that we are monitoring the number of Windows OS/Phone install rate based on the number of times that the app has been downloaded on the Microsoft App Store.

In addition, we have noted the feedback and forwarded it to the relevant product team to consider.

We’re always looking to improve Waze, and user feedback is one of our most important tools for doing so.

Please know that we are constantly working to develop new and exciting features, bug fixes and more.

To learn more about how to use Waze, check out our Help Center. "

I think is very important to have back Waze for Win Mobile phone to send lots of feedback and try to download the App as much as possible ...

PLEASE SPREAD TO ALL THE WIN MOBILE USERS THE ABOVE MESSAGE ... THANKS :-)
Jackoutsider
Send a message

Post by Jackoutsider
ya waze is working also for my nokia 808 ... :o

i think is very important to have back waze for windows 10 mobile phone to download the app as much as possible from the microsoft store

please spread the above message  to all the win 10 mobile users ... thanks  ;)
Jackoutsider
Send a message

Post by james890526
janb1981 wrote:Me too. It also crashes when I try to calculate a route right after starting the app. Just displaying my location works fine. When I try again after 20-30 kilometers of running with just my location displayed, I do get a route and navigation.
Waze is indirectly encouraging you to move on to Android or iOS :lol:
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Best regards,
Lee Zhong Zhen
Local Champ - Malaysia

Waze Malaysia http://i.imgur.com/RVOq2tk.png https://i.imgur.com/6Rk8oL5.png https://i.imgur.com/vk73Muu.png

Post by janb1981
Just moved from iOS to Windows Phone. Feature I miss the most is the "share my drive" option where I can send a message with a link to my route and ETA.
janb1981
Send a message
2015 Ford Fiesta Diesel - Nokia Lumia 930 - waze WP v3.7.4.5

Post by janb1981
RemyServices wrote: There are other, similar, products on WP and they now have my business.
Enlighten me please :). If there's a good alternative for waze on WP i'd be glad to give it a try.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
^^
I do have a Nokia (Lumia 930) and I tried that app. It seems to lack a dynamic rerouting option that guides me around traffic jams as they happen, like waze does. Quite an essential feature for my 100km commute with a dozen alternatives for the main route.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
dahangman wrote:
janb1981 wrote:Just moved from iOS to Windows Phone. Feature I miss the most is the "share my drive" option where I can send a message with a link to my route and ETA.
I'm on v3.7.4.5 on Windows 8.1 (HTC8X) and I can get to the share option:
- Menu > Send > Share Drive
- Send by Message or Send by email

There is another related section:
- Menu > Send > Send a Location
The options here are
- My current location
- My Destination (this is what I have selected)
- My Saved Locations
- Recently Searched
Thanks, I completely overlooked that :shock:
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
I gave it a try. As far as I can see, only messages from friends cannot be opened. Messages from the waze team open just fine. Perhaps it has something to do with the waze for WP app lacking most of the friends-related functions.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
Me too. It also crashes when I try to calculate a route right after starting the app. Just displaying my location works fine. When I try again after 20-30 kilometers of running with just my location displayed, I do get a route and navigation.
janb1981
Send a message