Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This forum is a place to discuss new ideas and also new wiki updates will be placed here.

[Page Update Proposal] Beginner Guide/Quick-start

Post by moweez
Anticipating the restructuring of the international Wiki pages, I have a proposal for the English basic version of the BeNeLux Beginner Guide. It is renamed to parallel the international page. Please have a look and put your comments here as a reply:

BeNeLux Map Editing Quick-start Guide
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:4565555

Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
Heel goed stuk. Veel beter dan de guide die ik een maand of 6 geleden heb gelezen.
2 opmerkingen :
1 spelfout denk ik in: "Otherwise, you might as well get overfeed with information" overfeed moet zijn overfed.
2 het deel over walking trails en PB 's kan mi een stuk compacter. Heb nu het idee dat sommige dingen er dubbel instaan.

Sent from HTC_M8
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kdevries
Wat mij betreft ook ok
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by moweez
It is always difficult to decide what needs in and what needs to be left out for this phase. Happy to hear your comments. I'm awaiting other comments for now.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
Dutchdirt wrote: 1 spelfout denk ik in: "Otherwise, you might as well get overfeed with information" overfeed moet zijn overfed.
dank, gecorrigeerd
Dutchdirt wrote: 2 het deel over walking trails en PB 's kan mi een stuk compacter. Heb nu het idee dat sommige dingen er dubbel instaan.
stelling28 wrote: The sentences '(only if one of the above arguments count)' look a little bit strange to me. Personally I would replace them with a sentence like: Only add PB (or WT) if one of the above arguments apply. So without parenthesis.
It seems better to get this part out here, and correct the sentences in the detailed description (to do)
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
stelling28 wrote: Further for PB's a learned from an experienced editor in the forum not to remove PB's, also not when the arguments don't apply. Better correct them, if needed. Reason is that every level 1 can add them again and someone probably will. So better correct them and leave them. Is that something to add to this guide?
It is difficult to choose a method. The disadvantage of this method is that if you leave them, others will copy the example and don't understand why it is better not to do it. I just deleted about 46 roads from a user who explained it was a necessary addition because of learning his daughter how to get to school on her bicycle - I''m afraid that the consequences in the end, i.e., contamination of the speed data because of cycling with Waze on, do more harm. i personally rather delete added roads, and explain why.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
I think it maybe even would be better to add it to https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Benelux_Pedestrian_Boardwalk
and keep the descriptions in the other docs short
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
de hierin genoemde aanpassingen zijn verwerkt.
Kan de pagina nu 'live' gaan?
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
The page is published. This topic will be closed. Please give your new remarks in this topic.

De pagina is gepubliceerd. Eventuele opmerkingen kunnen in het nieuwe topic worden geplaatst.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message