Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by foxitrot
davidg666 wrote:Oh yes - I meant that the graphs should show the local time of the city for each graph, not that they should adjust the time for the user looking at the graph - who could be anywhere anyway.

That way, it would be easier to compare graphs for different cities in different time zones - it looks a little awkward when a city outside your timezone appears to have its evening rush between 1800 and 2000 instead of 1700 and 1900. I expect this will become more important if you add more cities that are further apart.
The base idea is good. What about the data gaps/overlaps because of Daylight Saving Time jumps twice a year, interpolate? Or let's ignore DST changes and use the base time zone shift (usually during the winter time)? Neither option is ideal.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
davipt wrote: Speaking on which, what is the current timezone at the moment? UTC?
ATM it is UTC+1.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Not fortik, but fotrik, nevertheless he's pretty unreachable for us as well, during the most recent year-two.

Guri's account is guri211, but fotrik already took over also the data capture part.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
We are all on one ship. Except fotrik :(

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Never say never ;-)
We've met him some week ago. He may eventually slowly start again.

[edit] Fellow Champs remind me that fotrik was mentioning performance problems and that any soon additions are indeed not that sure.

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Nice graphs so far! The 2-year view is the most interesting as it will show Waze's growth over time - but maybe it could use a bit of smoothing? And it would be a nice-to-have if an "average week"-graph could be compiled, using data of the last few (4 or 5?) weeks, showing at a glance the average monday, average tuesday etc.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
dmcconachie wrote:No need for smoothing, just a moving average addition to the charts.
Whatever. Isn't/wouldn't that look the same?

And wouldn't it be an idea to have a running total of trafficjams reported per country? Every now and then new records are set here (sorry, this is in dutch), and the publication of those numbers spur a public debate in which the accuracy of the governmental numbers are disputed by tomtom, navigon, inrix, our drivers union - but not Waze.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by GinBook
Unfortunately not any time soon. :(
GinBook
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by hebermc
tonyrsutton wrote:Out of interest, why is Paris more popular than anywhere in Europe? What is Paris special relationship with Waze?

Just curious...
Its called traffic, the worst the traffic in a city, the more popular Waze is. So its a bit of :D and a lot of :cry:
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message