Post by SuperDave1426
You are clearly confused - Japan is NOT known as the "Land of the Rising Hardhat!" :D

BTW, I keep trying to join the State Manager group in the forum so that my badge and title in the upper right say so. It keeps telling me that I'm already a member. And yet the upper right badge still say "Editor - Level 4". Is that part of the forum just not quite right yet? :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Yep, he sure did. Though I'm puzzled as to what that has to do with rising hardhats. :lol:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Fredo-p wrote:But that does sound like a cool nickname to give to all the SMs. The Rising Hardhats!! Hell, I'm halfway there with my signature image. :lol:
I like it!! :D
Fredo-p wrote:All jokes aside, how does everyone feel about Kent's proposed forum badge designs for each WME specialty?
I like them, too. :-)

Although a poll could be a good thing to make a final decision on it.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Fredo-p wrote:D.
No change. It is find the way it is.
Question: How can it be "find" the way it is? :D Typo joke notwithstanding, is there an existing State Manager badge that can be left the way it is? I thought the other suggestion was that "none of the above" would be tied to "design something new."

Or did I misread that? (Wouldn't be the first time today.... <grin>)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I have no objection to that. In fact, I just changed the wording of the introduction to specifically mention USA State Managers. Fredo-p, if you want to move the page and link on the main signature page to more properly make it USA-centric, just let me know where you moved it to so I can update my bookmark. :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
One question I have: Since it's an off-site survey, what's to keep someone from voting more than once?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Restricting based on IP address isn't one of the better choices out there. There are people such as myself who use a VPN service for privacy issues. Someone else who happens to get the same exit IP address as me is going to look like it's coming from the same address. Anyone who is legitimately behind any kind of NAT firewall is going to have problems as well. ISPs use dynamic address allocation and someone who's on a given IP address today could easily be on another one tomorrow, which both gives him another chance to vote and penalizes the next person who gets the address he was using the day before.

It's your survey, but I just wanted you to be aware that that's not such a good way to ensure single votes.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Oh, good grief! :oops:

Sorry, guys - I got swamped a while ago when I was working on those, and then forgot about it (that it wasn't completed).

The bulk of the hard part was done back then - I've got all the state images and rendered all the fonted text - so all I have to do is assemble the image and the two sets of text ("State Manager" and the two-letter abbreviation for the state) and then resize it down to forum-usable size for those remaining badges. So at this point, the heavy lifting has been completed, I just have to do the assembly and upload (and bit.ly conversion for each image in the Wiki to the j.mp code you see underneath each image. A bit time-consuming, but at least the rending has been done, so with any luck, I should be able to finish this week - I'll try to make some time this weekend to either finish it or at least add some more this weekend and then complete it on the next.

In the meantime, I just added the ND badge since I see that Fredo-p is waiting for it. :-)

Again, sorry for falling through on this.... :cry:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message