Post by CBenson
Hmm, lets see if we can find out whats different between your search and mine. What precisely do you search for? Do you add a city name in the search? I don't get a relevant result with no city name, so I'm searching for "128 Bay Ave, Dares Beach".
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I did submit the 11901 Cross Road Trail issue to waze. The response is they've added Cross Road Trail as a street name and 11901 as a house number. They say this should solve the issue and ignore google's search result, which seems to be the case.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
ArthurUSCG wrote:Waze appears to use postal address
Waze dosen't use the postal address. Waze uses whatever we decide to put in as the city name as editors. So if we aren't using the postal city and you search specifically for the postal city, then you are essentially forcing the return of the Google pin location.
ArthurUSCG wrote:So, I am confused, I though Waze was suppose to always route you to the road the address was on. Adding the ability to have the stop point on a different rad was going to be a future ability, but is currently unavailable?
Waze doesn't do "always." If the result choosen is actually from the waze house number data, then the stop point will be on the road with the name of the address. However, there are many instances where the search result may come from something other than the waze house number data. In this case as waze has the city as Dares Beach (I'm not sure we should though), when you search for "128 Bay Ave, Prince Frederick, MD" you get the Google pin location.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
ArthurUSCG wrote:Ahhhh! I though Waze used postal cities and not township/community names.

So, Should I add the postal city as an alternate address?
I don't know. I've heard conflicting reports on how alternate names are currently being used. It is probably worth a shot at this point to see what happens.

(There is likely old language in various waze documentation stating that postal cities are used in the search results rather than the township/community names. But this was there because at one point the search results were entirly based on the Google data, so the township/community (and house numbers) entered in WME didn't effect the search results. Now that the waze house number data is used in search results, the township and community names entered in waze are used as the city data for the waze house number results.)
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
nzahn1 wrote:Sort of. Waze currently chooses Google's address pins first, and navigates to the closest road despite name.
If the Waze house number marker is "verified" by bumping it, and updating the road geometry, it has a better chance of being selected in the search results, though the instant results in the app still return google pins.
Sort of.
If there is a precise enough match of a trusted house number, the waze location can override the Google location when the auto complete result selected. (At least I've been told this is the case. I've experienced this and don't think it is due to any beta results at this point.)

Waze hasn't always navigated to the closest road despite the name when routing to a Google pin location. I've been told it depends on which of various Google APIs waze calls. Which API is called seems to be in state of flux and has at times depended on which tab you selected the results from. So at times you could get different results to same Google pin location depending on which tab you used to select the result. I'm not sure where all this stands at this point.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
ArthurUSCG wrote:9027 Michael Way, Owings, MD 20736
The Waze and Google address marker is way far away from the named road.
1. Move the google marker (I've done that for you).
2. DELETE the waze house number (select the road, view house numbers, delete 9027, save, move a geo-node of the street, save).
3. Add a PRIVATE road (Add road, connect to Michael Way, set end point near house, set to PRIVATE, set no name, no city, save).
3. Add a private residence (Add place, select other, put marker near private road, make private residential, add address, save).
ArthurUSCG wrote:128 Bay Ave, Prince Frederick, MD
The google address marker is closer to Dresser than Bay (see here). Three things to do:
1. Move the google marker (I've done that for you).
2. Verify the waze house number (select the road, view house numbers, nudge the number towards Bay, save, move a geo-node of the street, save).
3. Add a private residence (Add place, other, make private residential, add address, save).

A variation on these steps will resolve most address issues. Here's a wiki article explaining some of the issues involved.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
ArthurUSCG wrote:So, I am confused, I though Waze was suppose to always route you to the road the address was on. Adding the ability to have the stop point on a different rad was going to be a future ability, but is currently unavailable?
Sort of. Waze currently chooses Google's address pins first, and navigates to the closest road despite name.
If the Waze house number marker is "verified" by bumping it, and updating the road geometry, it has a better chance of being selected in the search results, though the instant results in the app still return google pins.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter