Waze in Korea - Wiki

Post by Unholy
Hi,

Have you checked our wiki site yet?
You may find some interesting information about Waze in Korea - https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Korea

Please feel free to edit the wiki and add more information, for the benefit of all Wazers in Korea.

Thanks,

Ori
Unholy

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by anthonyjoo
tmd63 wrote:Hi,
I have been an area manager for Sichuan China and have lately been updating the Korea area also.
I will be happy to help anyone although I don't get online every day.
t

Hello tmd63 and welcome aboard!

tmd63 wrote:Hi,
Sorry, I should clarify. When I say I am updating the Korea area, I mean North Korea.
黄东林

By all means, I think this forum is only for South Korea (Republic of Korea). But please, feel free to bring up any discussions. (Even if none of us may not understand how North Korea roads are like...)

:)
anthonyjoo
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Baldugaras
Looks like there are not too many Korean editors who are active in the Forum.
Baldugaras
Send a message

Post by Baldugaras
I introduce myself even though I'm not Korean: Diony Tumulak, one of the 4 Country Managers for Philippine Waze. I've been editing in Waze for one-and-half years now.

I've been editing in a few places in Korea and I see that there are still a lot places to map for Waze. Also, I like editing in Korea since our countries drive on the same side of the road. Most of our neighboring countries here in South East Asia - drive on the left side of the road.
Baldugaras
Send a message

Post by Fabitsu20
Hi,

I'm Fabitsu20 and have only started using Waze recently. I have been driving in Korea for almost 3 years now and could never find a decent gps app in English. Hopefully with the contributions of my map edits, other people will find it more useful than the other stuff out there.
Fabitsu20
Send a message

Post by RC-Les
"Please feel free to edit the wiki and add more information, for the benefit of all Wazers in Korea.
"

I'd love to, but after I tried to add a point of interest in the map editor, I got "You have no permissions to make some of the changes" from the editor. I understand the tiered permission system, and yes I was outside of my editable area.

I've lived in Korea for 11 years and travelled over 160,000 km. But I rarely use waze so I'm limited in what I can edit. However, many of my friends use waze, but there are many points of interest missing from the maps. I'd like to help with that so my friends can find the places that I've been telling them about. Is the only option to turn Waze on and let it track where I'm going?
RC-Les
Send a message

Post by RC-Les
So I drove 500km this past weekend with the Waze app enabled the whole time. I didn't use it for navigation, but it was on and showing my current location on the map. However, since then the area I'm allowed to edit has not increased to include the area I drove.
RC-Les
Send a message

Post by RC-Les
Also my travel on the dates I drove 500 km (march 30 and 31) do not show up in the "drives" tab of WME
RC-Les
Send a message

Post by tmd63
Hi,
I have been an area manager for Sichuan China and have lately been updating the Korea area also.
I will be happy to help anyone although I don't get online every day.
t
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Waze Map Editor, Sichuan China Area, Malta and North Korea Manager.
https://www.waze.com/user/editor/tmd63
images/ranks/CountryManager_Badge.png

Post by tmd63
Hi,
Sorry, I should clarify. When I say I am updating the Korea area, I mean North Korea.
黄东林
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Waze Map Editor, Sichuan China Area, Malta and North Korea Manager.
https://www.waze.com/user/editor/tmd63
images/ranks/CountryManager_Badge.png