Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
Here are the changes that need to be incorporated into the custom comment scripts to make then work again. Looks like it's a new array for storing URLs, probably for instructions/help
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Edit: This is no longer needed. If you're not on 1.7.0+, please reinstall the script.

I have created an updated URComments script to go with your speed limit URs. This should auto-update when Rick pushes out an update to the main script: Install
View code

It adds two responses, one asking for more info (default) and one for marking the UR as solved. Be aware that I concocted these responses myself and they are not "official", even though they appear in the commentteam list. This script will also work with custom comment lists out there, as long as they have added support for the missing speed limit URs in their list (you can view my custom list to see the changes needed).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
Last edited by crazycaveman on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by crazycaveman
If you want to see the exact changes and where they should go, check out the diff on the script page (just in case you didn't know you could do that)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
Last edited by crazycaveman on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DaveKS14
Suspiciously enough, UR Comments stopped working for me around midnight EDT of 17 July. I've restarted my WIN7 machine, Tampermonkey seems up to date and UR Comments is green for go in Tampermonkey. UR Comments no longer appears at the upper-left of the WME screen for me to select as a tab and the automagic that it does for URs has stopped. Anybody else run into this situation? Thx, David
DaveKS14
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by DaveKS14
I've also reloaded the script. It shows as green in TamperMonkey -- it should be loaded under TM?

I can't find (ctl-F) any reference in the console log (F12) to "comment" and Content Scripts does not list UR Comments even though the script is listed in TM.

I use the standard comment list, unmodified. Sorry, don't recall what that is. Thanks, David
DaveKS14
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
It's very useful. How would one go about editing the custom list? Does it need to be opened in a word processor, or some other program, or is it a text file to edit?

I don't want to mess something up.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dougp01
Thanks for a great script, I find it very useful for answering most of the URs I run into.

I would like to make a request that text be added to the tool to help with URs related to addresses in apartment complexes, condos, and shopping malls where the address is not directly in front of the referenced street, sometimes not even close. To be honest, I am at a bit of a loss on how to answer these URs since updating "house" numbers on buildings all around the community is huge task and I hate doing this in piece meal fashion.

In this example the user says they enter into their device "2838 Iowa Drive, Fort Collins, CO" and Waze takes them too far north. I am interested in putting place markers on each building so as to make navigation a bit more accurate. But as you might guess, there are too many of these around the community to do this quickly. I have checked with the Larimer County GIS mapping service and this area is simply too new to show up which would imply I need to drive circles all around and take notes on every building.

Otherwise, suggestions on how to work with the user are welcome.

All the best, Doug
dougp01
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
~dougp01

Resources:
Colorado Forum,

Post by dspille
Same for me
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
Since the Waze app captures the place's location when you start (tap on Places) rather than when you send/save it, it might make sense to change the "Address - Incorrect Position" response paragraph. It currently reads as follows:

Code: Select all

Can you tell us the address or if you can revisit visit the location, please show us the correct position by using the Report > Places feature. Before you save move as close as possible to the entrance. Please do not submit pictures containing faces, license plates, or personal details. Thanks!
The paragraph could be changed to something like the following:

Code: Select all

Can you tell us the address or if you can revisit visit the location, please show us the correct position by using the Report > Places feature. Before you start to add the place, move as close as possible to the entrance. Please do not submit pictures containing faces, license plates, or personal details. Thanks!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Rick appreciate the update, the reminder message is being substituted by the "Errors with no text" message.
[Edited to Add] Moved the fixed speed limit message to below the reminder message in the comment file and all is well again

Thanks
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message