Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Olestas
Twister, can you save also feed filter settings for Filter feed by keyword/phrase: Hide/show if keyword is present - setting? Currently it is not saved.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Drive Tab Enhancement (DTE) DOes not work anymore for me
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by orbitc
iainhouse wrote:Bloody hell man - I don't even have time to post that it isn't working and you've fixed it already!
This is the shortest post I've ever seen you respond :D
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
iainhouse wrote:
orbitc wrote:
iainhouse wrote:Bloody hell man - I don't even have time to post that it isn't working and you've fixed it already!
This is the shortest post I've ever seen you respond :D
:oops: Can't help it - I do go on, don't I.
That's quite alright. At the very least very insightful. I did learn a lot.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Just to suggest....
Please make sure to uninstall all previous version from tampermonkey or/and extensions folder. Then, try to install it fresh.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
qwaletee wrote:
sketch wrote:BTW, there seems to be a new bug with respect to the beta editor, where sometimes the hovering UR box doesn't disappear no matter what I do, even sometimes if I refresh. Usually it picks one UR right when I open the beta and shows its info box the entire time.
This has been my problem with URO+ with the non-beta for a couple of months. Never figured it out, and I mostly abandoned URO+ because of it. The box blocked way too much of my screen, and I couldn't get it to go to another one without scrolling the offending UR way off screen... only to have URO+ usually choose another random UR to fixate on.

If you can figure out how to fix this, I won't kiss you, but I might think about it.
Twister-UK is great and very helpful. He makes great improvements. I suggested "Disable popup for cameras" and he made it happen. I'm sure he can give us an option to disable popup for the UR too. Even though, that may kind of defeat the purpose.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
None of them still won't help twister-UK since he cannot edit in USA....yet. ;)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by ottonomy
PesachZ wrote:[UPDATE SUGGESTION]

Can I humbly suggest that the special bubble icons for [SPECIAL] URs be defaulted to selected (to display), and can then be disabled by those editors who dislike them.

These URs are very helpful and since the loss of railroad notes, and red roads and places descriptions also showing up in the client, they are the only legal way for us to leave valuable tips and notes for other editors. However most editors, even experienced ones using URO+ seem to be unaware of their existence. In areas where there are lots of URs, its hard to notice the one 3 month old with the important note in it. If these were by default displayed with the special icon for whoever had URO+ installed it would be much more useful. And for the very few who may find a problem with it (I can't think of any) it could be disabled in the settings).

If you agree please :thumsup: or comment.
I had to ask whether URO had the ability to badge UR bubbles like this for Closures. I'm sure that many other editors have never bothered to turn these settings on, but they will be a great help in noticing special situations on the map. I'm all for this being a default, or even impossible to disable.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by ottonomy
tonestertm wrote:I wonder if it might be possible to create a marker/indicator of some sort which would show "hotspots", (large numbers of URs, tightly clustered) from a relatively high altitude, so they are quickly identifiable in areas where UR display is constrained at lower zooms. This would help greatly with finding trouble spots which have had a recent change, but might not be easily noticed for one reason or another. It would be really swell to be able to pan the map at zoom 0 and see issues like these which have popped up. ;)
+1
citeman wrote:I don't think that is exactly what Tony or I would be looking for. I think he is (we are) looking for some type of UR Smoke Detector; and where there is smoke there is fire! Let me explain; in SoCal we have (give or take) 8,000 active URs at any onetime. When looking at the map it is a sea of red icons and everything just gets lost. I think we are looking for some feature that would look for X number of URs within X distance of one another and provide some type of higher level warning. Meaning, if there are 25 URs within 1000 feet of one another, then we probably have a significant "hot spot" that needs to be addressed. We need our UR Smoke Detector to help us find those fires while they are still smoke... Thanks in advance!
Exactly
PesachZ wrote:This request seems better suited for URMPT since it already maintains a list of all URs in an area with location on them in a sortable filterable fashion. It seems to be a simple query to add a filter for URs with more than X URs within Y distance.
With that many URs in your area you probably would love some of the features URMPT offers.
I think the point of incorporating something like this into URO+ Would be to get it into a script that EVERYone is using, so that it actively calls attention to problem clusters. A smoke detector doesn't work if you don't have it installed.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message