Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Map editor not available on forum?

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I received two closed/updated map error reports from a user named 'jbarter' whom I cannot contact as they 1) didn't leave any contact information in the update request (or text at all for that matter), and 2) there is no forum account by that name. Interesting as I thought they were linked in the same DB?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:If you use the livemap to report you can enter anything as the username. Might they have done that? Though presumably they'd have left more info if that were the case.
Sorry, I wasn't clear: I received two emails from a user closing or updating two of my map error reports. As far I as I am aware, you must be logged in to the Waze website to do that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
If you use the livemap to report you can enter anything as the username. Might they have done that? Though presumably they'd have left more info if that were the case.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
No you were quite clear - I just misread. That is indeed odd!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by rlpl
It is possible to have different logins at the waze map editor and the forum, I am an example. As far as I know there are at least 3 independent databases: the main waze features (mobile client, map editors, dashboard, etc.), this forum, and wiki. By default all logins are same and I am not sure if a user may change any login but the support may. My suggestion is to contact the support and ask them what they did.

It happened to me that when I installed waze and created my account the wiki account has not been created. Also I have found some wazers missing from the list of all wiki users. Could it be possible that the same occurs with the forum and an account has not been created for this wazer?
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.