Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by janb1981
james890526 wrote:
janb1981 wrote:Me too. It also crashes when I try to calculate a route right after starting the app. Just displaying my location works fine. When I try again after 20-30 kilometers of running with just my location displayed, I do get a route and navigation.
Waze is indirectly encouraging you to move on to Android or iOS :lol:
I just moved from iOS to WP a month ago :P . If I'm moving again, it's from waze to another navigation app. (Un)fortunately, there still is no decent (and free) competitor for the live (re)routing capabilities that waze has to offer.
janb1981
Send a message
2015 Ford Fiesta Diesel - Nokia Lumia 930 - waze WP v3.7.4.5

Post by janb1981
janb1981 wrote:Me too. It also crashes when I try to calculate a route right after starting the app. Just displaying my location works fine. When I try again after 20-30 kilometers of running with just my location displayed, I do get a route and navigation.
Update; I noticed that the problem only seems to occur for my evening commute home. When I drive to work in the morning, the route calculates just fine. :roll:

Update 2 (Mar 23); uninstalled and re-installed the app. Calculating a new route now works just fine, but the app kills itself when I use the option for calculating alternative routes. :roll: ^2.

Update 3 (Mar 25); the original problem is back after only a few days. App kills itself every time I try to calculate a route.
janb1981
Send a message
Last edited by janb1981 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by janb1981
Running the risk that I jinx something here... but the app has worked flawlessly over the last two weeks.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
jdavlcba65 wrote:Even when using Winphone waze app (or worth, very old blackberry one), you can be part of the community changing and correcting the maps!
that's what I am doing regularly since the very beginning I subscribed.
Quid pro quo. I'd be glad to help fixing their map again as soon as waze fix their app.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
There is no (free) alternative for the dynamic rerouting functions that waze has to offer.

That's what kept me from moving on.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
Please also read the comment that follows May 6th:
waze ‏@waze · May 6
@wmpoweruser Right now most of our users are on iOS/Android. If/When this changes we’ll be happy to put out more updates for WP.
So still the same crap they've been feeding WP users for the last two years or so...
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
There is no fix for that issue.

Well. Of course there is. But the people at waze can't be bothered.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by janb1981
As you can tell from the topic title, Windows Phone is currently not supported by Waze. Do not expect any updates anytime soon.

However, the last available version of Waze for WP (3.7.something) works o.k. on WP10.
janb1981
Send a message

Post by jct02
stelling28 wrote:
josefec wrote:But do you mean that when you connect once on any device, you’ll then be connected on all devices?
Correct, that is how I did it. It is the link between your Waze and Facebook accounts that need to be set.
Is there something wrong with Waze? Connected my FB account on Waze Android , and can't see any info on scoreboard on friends tab of both Waze Windows Phone and Android.
jct02
Send a message

Post by jdavlcba65
Hi all,
I am new with a Nokia Lumia 635 and I am using Waze on it since 1 month. before I was using waze on blackberry bold.
I confirm the version I have in France is 3.7.4.5 too.
no issue found so far other than the one listed here before.
I am happy with it.
jdavlcba65
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Waze IOS Iphone SE
Aera Manager: Cotentin (50) et région de Chatou (78), France

https://s.waze.tools/c3.pnghttps://world.waze.com/images/scoreboard_old/crown.png