The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Finding objects tied to a city

Post by AggieJM
There is a section of the map in my managed area that shows the following city name (remove the leading asterisk):

*http://emarket.ua/objavlenie/sapogi-bot ... DppiF.html

I've updated all of the streets in the area with a correct city name, but this city name is still showing up as an overlay on the map. Is there a way to identify if there are any other objects tied to this city that would cause it to still display on the map?

I've tried searching for it, but it drops the pin right on a top of one of the streets where I have already updated the city.

Thanks!
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3323561

Send a message

Post by AggieJM
Thanks!

I'll have to check out that tool (and brush up on my French in the process).
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jondrush wrote:I'm using the plugin. Can anyone explain how the plugin determines the bounds of the list? It seems to be related to, but not bounded by the current zoom level.
The extension loads all the roads downloaded from the server. This is a larger data set than the window shows. I'm not sure we could figure out how to shorten the dataset based on the map view...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:
jondrush wrote:So Papyrus may download a bunch more roads than are displayed...
Likely this is to improve performance.
My thoughts precisely.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
The city will display until the livemap tiles are updated, a process that is currently on hold but can normally take a week.

It used to be that these city names would only update once a month but it appears to be more inline with the normal tile rebuild process now!

But yes there is a community created tool for doing what you're trying to do. Search the forum for "Plugin pour papyrus" and learn French (or use Google Translate) ;)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gettingthere
jondrush wrote:So Papyrus may download a bunch more roads than are displayed...
Likely this is to improve performance. Likely Waze is downloading more than just the current view to improve performance as you scroll around the map. This is likely why if you scroll around in the editor the road layer updated immediately vs. having to wait a moment if you scroll further away from where you are editing.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by jondrush
I'm using the plugin. Can anyone explain how the plugin determines the bounds of the list? It seems to be related to, but not bounded by the current zoom level.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
So Papyrus may download a bunch more roads than are displayed, and the plugin just lists whatever Papyrus decided to download?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message