These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DUDLEYA1A
gettingthere wrote:Agreed. This is a standard feature in most/all navigation apps and needs to be there. Since Waze maps are not yet great in all areas it also functions as a sanity check to ensure the route is valid before getting routed way out of the way.
Exactly
DUDLEYA1A
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
The thing here is that this should not have to be in User Voice nor have to receive votes. It's previous functionality that is not present in the Waze 3 app beta.

Just ADD it back in Waze!
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Agreed. This is a standard feature in most/all navigation apps and needs to be there. Since Waze maps are not yet great in all areas it also functions as a sanity check to ensure the route is valid before getting routed way out of the way.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
amondray wrote:The update is nice, but I miss the navigation list so much! Anyone have any idea why they took it out? Any idea if they plan to bring it back?
I don't know that we have an official response on why it was taken out. My guess is that they were trying streamline the interface and did not realize how often people were using this feature. Basically an oversight that they acknowledged when AlanOfTheBerg brought it to their attention during the Beta testing.

I suppose they expect all of us to trust the Waze navigation 100%. Just set the route and go :P Why would you ever need to see what turns are upcoming? (I am kidding of course. I miss the navigation list too)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
But you can be sure if the 'person at Waze' who wants this feature back is the one on the client team doing the development they will slip it in their faster :D

I think the bigger issue here is how soon Waze is going to release a new client build to the App Store. Per the Waze 3 client feedback thread and the User Reviews (many! 5*) of Waze 3 in the Apple App Store, there doesn't seem to be a single major issue that requires Waze to get a new build out immediately.

So who knows if the next build will be released in a week, a month, two months, etc. And of course, the feature has to actually added. And there doesn't seem to be any quick and easy place to put it under the settings menu.

In the Beta thread, I had suggested that they make the next turn dialog area on the main navigation screen clickable and when you click on that the full turn/navigation list appears. I am not a UI designer, but seemed logical to me.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
No1CDAtty wrote:Okay, Waze designers, I'm getting desperate! As much as I love pretty much everything in the new version, I really need the Navigation List. I have had to use Google Maps several times . . . So, how do I migrate back to the older version?????
You may be able to find the application file in the iTunes application folder if you have not synced with iTunes since you installed version 3. Basically uninstall version 3 from your iPhone, hook up to Itunes and sync back version 2.4.

There are other factors involved so you may want to do some more research before trying this.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:While I really want the nav list back, I'm kinda curious how it can be that so many people can't go anywhere without it. Turn-by-turn voice navigation does the work for you. If you don't want to turn at a particular intersection, then don't and continue on and the rerouting will catch up and try again.
I don't think it is necessarily that people can't go anywhere without it. I think it's more of a 'safety net' to make sure the route the Waze has chosen is valid. It's quick and easy to look at the turn by turn navigation list in a text format to validate the route before setting off. Much more difficult to pan and scan the map or try to figure this out accurately from the routes screen.

In areas with less updated maps and/or less active Wazers - Waze is more likely to send you on a bad route that can waste lots of valuable time. With known routes, just checking the navigation list is valuable. Very useful for all Wazers, not just map editors.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
FYI - this is one of the most current complaints about Waze 3 per the recent Apple App store reviews.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:And many of us can sit here and say, "We told ya' so, early in the beta..." Not that'd we'd ever say that out loud. Or in a forum. :o :x
You mean as you first noted on 9/8/2011 with iPhone Beta 2.9.9.10?

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =20#p97201
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:You're a search guru!
Too bad I didn't even try the search bar and found it manually after scanning 4 iPhone Beta threads... fail.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message