Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Hot dang! I didn't even see them sneak this in!

See, it pays to gather the grass roots and blanket the developers! :mrgreen:
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby krz1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:54 am

I was about to post a similar request (actually move the request from the main Forum)... perhaps "Custom Alerts" could be the fourth Sounds option I talk about below, and users could pick which alerts go in that one?

Here's the request I was about to move:

I listen to the Steve Dahl podcast on the way to and from work. On the expressways here in the Chicago area, sometimes there are many Wazers and many vehicles stopped on the side of the road. Waze alerts frequently talk over the podcast twice every mile. At times I've gotten 10 alerts per minute.

I don't want to be alerted regarding vehicles on the shoulder, heavy traffic ahead, or construction ahead. I can't do anything about any of these things. All I really want to get alerts for are things for which I need to take some kind of action (slow down, watch out for a hazard in my lane, etc.).

Currently, there are three options for sounds: On, Alerts only, and Off. I feel that there should be four options: On, All alerts, Critical alerts, and Off.

"Critical" (or perhaps "Action") alerts should be: police, potholes, hazards *in* the road, red light cameras, and rerouting from the usual route. Currently, rerouting isn't even among Alerts, although it should be because I need to look down at my phone to see that I should take a different exit than I usually do.

Waze still is one of the best reasons to buy a smartphone.

Thanks.

korz
krz1

Postby Kurt_06GT » Mon May 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Count me as another Wazer that would like to be able to disable specific alerts. "Vehicle stopped on shoulder" and "fog" are pretty much useless, but I want to know about police traps and objects on the road.

ETA : Oh, please include Road Goodie sounds as one to disable. Those are just annoying.
Last edited by Kurt_06GT on Mon May 18, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt_06GT

Re: Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!

Postby LKayR01 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:46 am

I personally appreciate all the warnings. Best one I've had so far was for "object in the road" which turned out to be about 200 rolls of toilet paper. We are still laughing about that one. I transport rescue animals and get distracted if an animal acts up- having a voice warn me about things brings it to my attention so I pay attention even more to watch out for what's ahead. I appreciate them.
LKayR01

Re: Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)

Postby lonememe » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Please, Waze, for the love of God, let us make granular changes to which notifications we want to receive. You already have this programmed to one categorical level, just make it go down one level further.

I realllllllly want to receive certain types of road hazard reports, but I do not want to keep receiving ALL types road hazard reports.

Vote in this poll, everyone! https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... e-car-stop
lonememe

Postby looking4OPH » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:46 pm

PLEASE, Please, please add Red Light Camera to the Settings/Display Settings/Show On Map screen as a disableable option. Everything else is there (including the somewhat related Speed Cams). On a frequently traveled Red Light Cam heavy route, it is very irritating. This is coupled with the poor user interface issue of the Red Light Cam alert coming up and briefly interrupting other audio.
looking4OPH

Postby luckycharms783 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Yes, Yes, Yes OH MY GOD I can't stand all the stupid individual alerts. I WANT THEM OFF!!!

Pothole, vehicle stopped on shoulder every god damn mile!!!

All I care about are police and traffic.

Please give us the ability to turn off the alerts. It's even worse that you can remove them from the map but THEY STILL ALERT WHEN YOU DRIVE PAST!!!
luckycharms783

Postby MarkOnTheRoads » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Yes, one more voice for the chorus. Please allow me to silence the "Vehicle stopped on shoulder" insanity.

I only care about dangers on the road.
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN
MarkOnTheRoads

Postby maschked » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Is nobody at Waze listening? Everyone I know that uses Waze loves it - with the exception of those useless alerts!

It is impossible for me to listen to a podcast (using Bluetooth) without being interrupted every three minutes by a blaring, " WATCH OUT! Vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead!" that is way louder than my podcast volume! I think the problem has gone on way too long without a word form the good people at Waze (none that I could find).
maschked

Postby maschked » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:14 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
maschked wrote:Is nobody at Waze listening? Everyone I know that uses Waze loves it - with the exception of those useless alerts!

Is turning off alerts simply not an option for you?

It is my only option, but the useful alerts are my main reason for choosing Waze.
maschked

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests