Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by lg1992
I want to define a custom rule to mark segments with undefined elevation. The problem is that I haven't found a way to define a proper regular expression for that.

While playing with regular expression I got sometimes a lot of segments colored green and noticed that my custom rule defeated other rules, even in a very small area with few segments. Segments with warnings are colored green, not yellow. The button "Show report" is also green. Moreover, the report only lists the "User-defined custom check 1". I think it's a bug.

BTW, it would be nice to allow naming the custom checks.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel

Post by lg1992
No success with NaN rule for the elevation. Debugging also doesn't help - JS console only shows "RegExp: /NaN/ -> skip the segment".
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
Are there plans to enable checking for invalid elevation? If not, can I enable this checking just for me? If not, what's the correct rule to define custom condition for that?
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
BellHouse wrote:Yes, I am just trying to find out if lg1992 means the same thing as we did earlier.

Anyway, the template would be ${elevation} and the regexp would be !\-[1-5]|^[0-9]$ , if you want to test if the elevation is outside of -5 and 9. And I trust you would manage to tune that to a range you are looking for.
I mean cases when elevation of a selected segment is shown empty. I see a lot of such segments in my region in Israel. I've applied a custom check as berestovskyy advised.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
I use the following custom condition to mark dead-ends without U-turn:
template ${deadEnd}:${Uturn}:${direction}
RegExp 1:0:3
It usually works properly, but fails to mark segments which have U-turn on the second end. Here's an example of such segment https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... nts=240202

Can anybody suggest a condition that will also cover such segments?
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
Now, as landmarks have been changed with places that have categories and sub-categories, I occasionally meet a place with a general category only. It would be nice to have the Validator to mark such places.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
Lately I cannot use the Validator on the beta editor (Israeli server). If I work with a small area, the Validator properly paints problematic segments and the button "Show Report", but clicking the button doesn't open a Report page. If I work with a bigger area and click "Start Scanning", the scanning starts but never finishes, and clicking the buttons "Pause" or "Stop" doesn't bring the map back. There are no such problems with the regular editor.

Do any users experience these problems with the beta editor or NA or ROW servers?
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
After scanning an area with all layers turned off the Validator doesn't restore the layer of Place updates.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
:shock: The new beta version of WME doesn't have the "Me" tab, so the Validator isn't shown at all!
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by lg1992
I lose the Validator rather often, but I haven't notice a pattern so far. Usually it's enough to reload the Chrome page to get the Validator back.
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message