Windows Phone 7

Post by pprabbit69
Are there any chances to get a windows phone 7 app for waze in the near future?
Couldn't search the forum for that, sorry :roll: .
Greetings from Switzerland :D
pprabbit69

POSTER_ID:39078

Send a message

Post by SPBlackVolt
add my voice to the choir.I am aware that WM7 may not have much market share now. However, it does have appeal to a whole new market, a new market for Waze as well.
SPBlackVolt
Send a message

Post by RonV42
Same here for me, bad news about not supporting Windows Phone 7. :cry:
RonV42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Android • Area Manager: Hoffman Estates, IL and surrounding areas of Northwest Suburbs of Chicago area
Motorola Backflip 2.1 (J_R0DD preclair 1.6)

Post by RonV42
I am also going to be looking for a Windows 7 phone version of Waze. My employer is dropping Android and Blackberry's as supported phones to connect to the corporate network. This is going to force me to buy the WM7 phone.
RonV42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Android • Area Manager: Hoffman Estates, IL and surrounding areas of Northwest Suburbs of Chicago area
Motorola Backflip 2.1 (J_R0DD preclair 1.6)

Post by RallyChris
I'm sure that this is just a man hours problem. That since this requires a rewrite, that they just don't have the staff to do so at this time. Unfortunately they appear to be a fairly small staff.

Blackberry had the same issue. It's a different architecture so it took a long time to get a version out.

My point was just to make sure that those that don't have programming background, understand that there is not an easy upgrade path moving application from windows mobile to windows phone 7.

Please feel free to try all means to show your platform solidarity, and hopefully the priority troll will turn your direction.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
Please understand, that win phone 7 is a completely different platform, so this is not as simple as recompiling and deploy.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by psychomf5
Please make this... Windows users are very dedicated.and if you use windows its probly cause your like me and just hate Android, windows is so much more fun... And I love wp7 even more than 6.5. I need my waze on it... Please windows is not going away and we will not get an iPhone either!
psychomf5
Send a message

Post by pemko
please make a client...
pemko
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by nutzareus
This is unacceptable, to ignore a new platform Windows Phone which needs apps from developers! If the code is there for Windows Mobile 6.5 it should not take too much engineering to make it work for Windows Phone franchise reboot?
nutzareus
Send a message

Post by mskurnik
Well that is a shame. I just got the Dell Venue Pro from the Microsoft store and it is a great device. You should be able to use some of the code from the windows mobile 6.5 app but you will need to re-write most of it. Do you have an ETA on when this would be done...that is if you think it is a worthy platform?
mskurnik
Send a message