iPhone Waze 3.0 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone Waze 3.0 official feedback thread

Postby gettingthere » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:53 pm

patandracing wrote:Is there a way to come around the problem with low volume on the directions when navigating?

If you are referring to specifically that you can't hear the navigation instructions when played from the iPhone speaker - yes, there is a workaround.

Buy a iPhone GPS car mount from TomTom or Magellan which include a speaker in the mount which is much louder than the iPhone built in speaker. I have the TomTom mount, it works great.
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:20 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Check if those other unnamed road favorites are now in your list...

They are not. I had "given in" and set the favorite to a named road nearby so the name was in use if that matters.

Dang, I guess mine didn't either. I got excited when I found two that I had tried to add before, but realized the 2nd time on the 2nd one, it isn't attached to a no-name road.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby patandracing » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:01 pm

gettingthere wrote:If you are referring to specifically that you can't hear the navigation instructions when played from the iPhone speaker - yes, there is a workaround.

Buy a iPhone GPS car mount from TomTom or Magellan which include a speaker in the mount which is much louder than the iPhone built in speaker. I have the TomTom mount, it works great.

I have the TomTom mount with built in speaker and it is "loud" with other GPS navigations but not with Waze for some reason.

Hmmm come to think of it I have probably not tried any other GPS navigation after updating to iOS5... should try that to see if there is any difference to those apps as well.

Anyway I also found a slight work around. I activated the "soundcontrol" under the music settings in the iPhone settings menu. For some reason that gave a little higher sound from Waze.
patandracing

Minimize Turns not Sticky

Postby banished » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 pm

In the navigation menu, the "Minimize Turns" option will not stay off. It comes back on between application uses.

This was also posted in the Bugs forum...not certain of which forum is more pertinent, but it was suggested I also post this here.

iOS5, iPhone 4, Waze 3
banished
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby RoundTrip » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:03 am

Not sure if this is new to iOS5 but I have noticed that when highlighting an address or clicking on one from the contact screen both the build in "Maps" app and 3rd party GPS MotionX come up as context items for sending the address to..

It would be very wise for Waze to also register to accept address links.
RoundTrip

Re: Minimize Turns not Sticky

Postby robin1979 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 am

perlin wrote:
banished wrote:In the navigation menu, the "Minimize Turns" option will not stay off. It comes back on between application uses.

This was also posted in the Bugs forum...not certain of which forum is more pertinent, but it was suggested I also post this here.

iOS5, iPhone 4, Waze 3
banished

Hi,

I failed to reproduce the problem you're having.
Try to remove Waze from your phone and install again from scratch.

Thanks,
Perlin

According to Unholy the problem is known and fixed in the next version:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12749#p107532
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979

Postby BrianCanFixIT » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 pm

small GUI bug.
Typed text is over the cancel "x" on the right side.
see attached image.
Attachments
IMG_3430.PNG
test over cancel text button
(197.8 KiB) Downloaded 965 times
Area Manager: Sacramento & rural California
iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1 JB
BrianCanFixIT

Postby swt62 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:53 pm

I have been using Waze 3.0 this week and had three trips from Blackpool to the Leeds area - traversing the delightful M62 :-/ On all three trips Waze lost GPS going over the penines and could not seem to recover - even when I restarted the iphone! i had to switch to another SatNav to get to my destination. This instability makes a very nice app impossible to rely on for long trips

iphone 3G iOS 4.2.1
swt62

Postby centauri » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:15 pm

The app uses too much power. even if i simulate the same conditions. Like starting a offline navigator, and for the 3g i start spotify. So the screen, gps en data are all on then still the battery isn't draining. It only is with waze on. The charger is built in in the car and delivers enough power.
centauri

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App