Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by felohidalgo
stratman50th wrote:Just a comment along the same lines, "accuracy in reporting". Oh, please delete or remove if this isn't the right spot. I use Waze traffic for reports and hazards, etc. I drive the same route twice a day to and from work. I report road issues such as construction and one lane roads. But I also check for speed cameras and red light cameras. There are several places along the route where traffic cameras have been marked and they do not exist. There was also a speed camera marked, actually I marked it first that was a temporary camera. That camera has been gone for a month and a half now. Oh, the speed limit is marked wrong on that road also. I spend every day, twice a day pushing the "not there" button because they aren't. I have tried to change it in the edit map function but apparently don't have the rights. My point I guess is, it would be nice if the people verifying these things knew what they were looking at. A "traffic camera" is used for checking flow. A "red light camera" is used for violations.
There is always someone to help you remove such things, but you need to ask for help. In this forum are specific topics per country, I suggest you to search for your country forum, If you are from USA, look for the specific one to your region. There should be a Topic call UNLOCKS or something similar. Post your request there. You may need the permalink of the location. To get the permalink once you are in the editor click on the "8" figure in the bar at the right side of the screen, then copy the generate link from your navigation screen and post it with a explanation of the problem. Regards
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by MattPSU79
felohidalgo wrote:There is already in Waze such system, basically if you report something and some others drive through it and no one give you a Thumb up, then you will "lose" trust, and your reports won't be taken so serious next time.
I'm new...is there some sort of built in reputation to waze? If that is indeed how the system works, seems like it needs some improvement...because it would be penalizing users for reporting incidents on infrequently traveled or rural routes. I don't like the idea that I could be penalized in some way because I reported a legitimate incident/hazard whjch is already cleared by the time the next wazer passes that point.
MattPSU79
Send a message

Post by stratman50th
Just a comment along the same lines, "accuracy in reporting". Oh, please delete or remove if this isn't the right spot. I use Waze traffic for reports and hazards, etc. I drive the same route twice a day to and from work. I report road issues such as construction and one lane roads. But I also check for speed cameras and red light cameras. There are several places along the route where traffic cameras have been marked and they do not exist. There was also a speed camera marked, actually I marked it first that was a temporary camera. That camera has been gone for a month and a half now. Oh, the speed limit is marked wrong on that road also. I spend every day, twice a day pushing the "not there" button because they aren't. I have tried to change it in the edit map function but apparently don't have the rights. My point I guess is, it would be nice if the people verifying these things knew what they were looking at. A "traffic camera" is used for checking flow. A "red light camera" is used for violations.
stratman50th
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
Strange habit in my opinion. I would assume everybody reports 'accident' at the location where the accident is, not a mile before in a traffic jam. Is this really happening in your region?
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
What you see in my country on a road with 3 lanes is that a lot of drivers stay in the middle lane. Everybody behind them can go on the left lane while they don't have to change lanes to overtake slower vehicles on the right lane.

Biggest problem you have with this is that they effectively turn a 3-lane road into a 2-lane road because nobody starts driving on the right lane if they see somebody in the middle lane in front of them.
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by taco909
Edward50095 wrote:"Most bad traffic is just that: bad traffic. Some moron was driving 40 MPH in the passing lane an hour ago, and thanks to breaking laminar flow he or she has caused a full traffic stoppage."

Let me guess: You pretty much stay in the left lane don't you? It's a passing lane, not "laminar flow".

The left lane is for passing; move back to the right when you're done. Thanks in advance.
This is regional.

Yes, slower traffic should move to the right as a common courtesy, but most states do not have an actual law that states that the "fast" lane is only for passing.

In Los Angeles, and other cities where you have 4 lanes, every lane is utilized 100% all day... and the moron doing 40mph in the left lane causes serious issues with normal traffic having to move to the right to pass.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SwenVandenberk wrote:Strange habit in my opinion. I would assume everybody reports 'accident' at the location where the accident is, not a mile before in a traffic jam. Is this really happening in your region?
I had a report of "roadkill on road" for a SQUIRREL on the shoulder.
If there is a heavy dew, we get reports of rain.
If there is a truck parked in a turnout 100ft off of the road, we get "vehicle on shoulder"

Reporting is too much of a game. Points for reporting need to be eliminated.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich