Welcome to the Scandinavian forum!

Post by Unholy
Greetings Northern Wazer and welcome to the new Scandinavian forum.

Wazers, editors, Area Mangers and Champs, please don't hesitate to introduce yourselves to your fellow Wazers from the Nordic countries.

Thanks,

Ori
Unholy

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by ahotiK13
Hi fellow scandinavian wazers!

Im Teo (ahotiK) and I have started using waze actively just a few weeks ago. I love the app, the community and the idea behind all of it.
My first contact with Waze happened around 3-4 years ago but I didnt know/understand the concepts of crow-sourcing and community-driven back then so I abandoned it after a few failed tries. Now I have rediscovered it and I love it.
I'm also trying my best at editing the map.

Cheers,
ahotiK
ahotiK13
Send a message

Post by Black-Voyager
Greetings fellow Scandinavians :) What a great idea to set up a separate forum to discuss issues across our countries.

I have been a member of the Waze community since the beginning of 2012 and started off map editing quite quickly (under a different username than today). In the beginning I made many mistakes but with a solid and helpful community I quickly learned the ropes. I was more or less thrown into the CM role earlier this year due to lack of a level 5 editor in Norway.

We have a great (but small) community with dedicated Regional and Area Managers. Their knowledge of the workings of Waze far suppress mine :).

I am married and we have an 11 year old boy. We live a quiet life out side of Oslo where we are restoring a 1950's house.
Black-Voyager
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by HenrikZaar
Hello Friends.

I'm an AM for south of sweden (Skåne). I found waze in may 2011 and then there was really a mess on the countryside where I live. So I started to edit and now days I mainly check the areas around me, you can always tell when there is a newbe wazer around.

In my private life i work as an Aircraft Engineer, I have a son who is 6 and he takes a lot of my time.
Sparetime I try to put in the garage where i restore an old Saab 95 from 1973 and a Saab Sonett from the same year.
HenrikZaar
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Skånewazers

[img]https:///pcdMH[/img][img]https:///9Lblq[/img]
IphoneX IOS 13.3.1
Waze Beta 4.59.90

Post by Karstunen
Warm greetings from Southern Finland!

My history as a wazer begun sometime during one of the snowiest winters we have ever had here (2012-2013). One of my former colleaques invited me and here I am as a CM (plus forum moderator) of Finland with three other CM's. Unlike Black-Voyager from Norway, I was drawn into this role ;)

I'm so excited to see what is happening here, I already have got a strong feeling that wazers are doing a great job for all on the road!

About Finnish community: our number is quite small but as Ori is now helping us I believe in a solid way of growth. We still have several "black holes" in the map and even more "gray holes" with much to correct and improve. My message to fellow wazers is: "always drive with Waze app open and remember to make UR's every time something seems odd".

About me: I've born in Helsinki but nowadays it is too crowdy for me. I like to keep a safe distance there and when going somewhere I mostly choose the scenic roads instead of highways. My best vacations are in places where is no cellphone coverage (hiking) and on top of that, I am a huge fan of Polar Night ("kaamos" in Finnish). A bit weirdo, one could say but that's me...

Hoping to meet you guys IRL sometime, unfortunately I can't attend this September's meetup in STO (invitation came with such a short notice).
Karstunen
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Local Champ / Country Manager / Localizer / First Responder: Finland

Editing the Waze map since 2013

Post by OlssonPeter
Hello!

I'm OlssonPeter and live in Åkersberga. I've been using Waze a little over two months now and I like a lot. Last week I alos started doing some map edits.
OlssonPeter
Send a message

Post by ranttine
Hi fellow wazers :)

I found waze a bit over a year ago and really liked it right from the start.

I live in Espoo, but spend almost all the summer at Kirkkonummi in a island and one of the first things I did for waze was mapping missing roads to our cottage there.

We also have a house at lapland (Levi, Kittilä) and I do hiking trips in the north every year - so I've been doing lots of mapping in there also. My other passion besides hiking is fly fishing so I've been adding rivers and lakes where I've found the representation of the areas I've visited lacking in waze :mrgreen:

I work as a software engineer doing embedded stuff in a company specializing to location services, so gps and maps are quite familiar to me ;)
ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SverkerN
Hi!

I have been a wazer for almost four years now. The first year I mainly edited the maps, but nowadays I spend most of my time in the forums. I'm CM in Sweden and member of the global champs group.

I have wife and kids and lives right outside Stockholm. Daytime I work as a software developer in a small company.

Regards,
Sverker
SverkerN
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by tothoresen
Hi Scandinavian Wazers. I am RM in Hedmark county and have a long border to Sweden. I rarely do some edits in Sweden, when I do it is in the area Charlottenberg. You might imagine why I know Charlottenberg very well. ;)
tothoresen
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
CM Norway - RM Hedmark - AM Øvre Romerike