Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by krzycholub
reivaxX162 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:57 am Hi there. I am currently using v2.2.4, and I have noticed in conjunction with the recent Waze updates, JAI is showing the incorrect information for the best continuation segments where the other segment angle is less than 45 degrees and typically produces a keep/exit left/right instruction. Where the angle is more than 45 degrees and Waze produces a turn left/right instruction, then JAI shows the best continuation information accurately.

I have attached two examples of this happening where it shows a keep instruction for the best continuation, but in Waze routing, it does not produce this behaviour.

ThanksExample one.png
 Example two.png

JAI will not show correct BC if all 3 segments are same road type! 

krzycholub
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
Arnoniem wrote:I guess nobody reads the app updat description ;)
like the Apple Terms and Conditions.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by lacmacca
Here's an update that gets it working until the script dev has time to update the main script on GreasyFork.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/47089 ... -july-2023

lacmacca
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
SunDevil2213 wrote:Is there a reason the angles don't show up on top of the segments? It'd be helpful to actually see the angles. Sorry for the imgur link...don't know how to post screen captrues directly in here.
https://imgur.com/a/aeRf8M6
If you also select the next segment, the angle will move to a place that you can easily see it.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
It would be nice if you can see and the original and the changed instruction.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
iainhouse wrote:
ituajr wrote:It appears that the U-turn avoidance conditions are not being evaluated correctly by JAI. The third condition is described in Preventing median U-turns as "In/out parallelism: The in and out segments (A and C) are within ±5° of parallel to each other."
I believe that JAI is correct, whereas that Wiki page is not. "Parallelism" is not the criterion. The criterion is 2 turn angles that add up to 180° (or very close).

If all the segments are straight, then 2 turns adding up to 180° means that the incoming & outgoing segments will be parallel. But if the middle segment is curved (as shown in your example above), then 2 angles adding up to 180° means the incoming & outgoing segments definitely won't be parallel.

In fact, the easiest way to "break" u-turn prevention (if you want to enable u-turns) is to kink the connecting segment. In & out remain parallel, but the total angle is no longer 180°
No the Wiki is correct.
It is wel described in this part.
It is a detection for preventing to make a double-left or double-right turn.
In this case JAI gives a false positive u-turn prevention. The intermediate segment must be a straight segment to determine the correct angles with JAI.
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
Yes this is correct.
The wiki description is not complete yet.
An additional condition to prevent the median u-turn is that at least one of the two parallel segments must be of type PS or higher.
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
ituajr wrote:
Leorenaud wrote:An additional condition to prevent the median u-turn is that at least one of the two parallel segments must be of type PS or higher.
Thank you for that information - it helps to explain the results I'm seeing.

Do you have any comment on the statement in this posting that the in/out segments must be "parallel one way roads"? Is that still a factor?
If it's a one way road or a two way road doesn't matter.
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
seb-d59 wrote:
Leorenaud wrote:An additional condition to prevent the median u-turn is that at least one of the two parallel segments must be of type PS or higher.
Only one or two segments need to be higher to PS?

@ituajr: I'm waiting for the result of your test to update JAI with this condition.
Just one of the two parallel segments.
IIRC the median segment is not taken into account.
But I am not sure about that.
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message