Post by chiefwazer
Just to be clear - the routing server performance IS being worked on. We are working on better distribution and scaling of the server. We don't have an ETA on it but it obviously keeps us up at night (literally)
chiefwazer
Send a message

Post by chiefwazer
Hey all,
thank you for the comments (especially a4xrbj1). I think you each bring up valid points of which we are aware. That being said, we are hiring/developing/testing/deploying as fast as we can and need to prioritize the needs of editing, driving (including Android), scaling etc. We are not always perfect but are trying to balance the different needs.

As Ehud said - we have a lot going on so please give us 2 months and then lets regroup and see how things have progressed.

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Noam
chiefwazer
Send a message

Post by cymike
andrewfatcat wrote:the new Cartouche really makes editing much easier.
Could you elaborate?
I for one find the old Cartouche much more usable then the new one (Papyrus). Cartouche feels much more smooth/responsive when editing road geometry for example. Not to mention that Papyrus is feature-incomplete and buggy. Just now (after reading your praise to it) I've tried to give it another shot only to get "an error occurred, please try again later" message while trying to save my edits :(
cymike
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
andrewfatcat wrote:There is only one thing I think that needs to be done as soon as possible: I would like to see Toll-road and Carpool lanes as new road types. It shouldn't be difficult to add just these two road types for map editing and we have been asking for this but it has not been done. The routing function to avoid them can be added later, but you got to have these road types first.
I concur, the number one addition I'd like to see is Toll roads, I do a 100 mile commute several times a week (and have done for the 18 months I've been on Waze) and it always sends me down the M6 Toll, yet I've I've probably used it twice in that time! It doesn't even have to be a road type, just a check box for a segment.

Give me a toll road maker and the option to avoid it in routing!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
scroggin-info wrote:After all, the situation is unfair, plus big frustration.
You do hours of map edditing and get no points at certain times.
I wasn't aware that any points were lost, I was under the impression that they were simply delayed when the daily processes were suspended. Things are getting back to normal slowly ... We've even had a world server live update today the first in nearly a month!
scroggin-info wrote: :idea: It is time to restart the points.
This is a bad idea IMHO!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by deeggo
Thanks for informing us in this thorough manner!

I've earned most of my points editing, not driving and I think a reliable, robust and fast map editor is a must. However, IMHO a nearly bugfree client and a reliable routing server is the most important, or else only diehards like us stay. The services that you use with the client on the road need to be up 99.99% of the time. No routing server errors, no intermittent routes, ever (except for that 0.01%). And - before I forget - no tests on live systems.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by dhageuk
what happened to the promised infrastructure changes?
dhageuk
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
It's been a month at most since 3.0 was released iOS. They have repeatedly said they are aware that Android market share is leading now but iOS continues to be easier to develop for if only because it is currently less fragmented.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
I'm confused by this as I haven't seen any comment promising a new BB version. In fact I'm pretty sure they said nothing but serious bugs will be fixed now and no new version will be coming in the foreseeable future!?
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Mixed messages then because I've definitely seen confirmation from several members of waze that only iOS and Android will be actively developed for the moment.

Whilst I would agree communication has historically been bad I've personally found it to be a lot better in the last couple of months!

It is disappointing that the meetup didn't prove to be very informative for you. Hopefully the next one will be better.
dmcconachie
Send a message