Post by hallmike
Blah, blah, blah. I've been hearing the same song and dance routine for two years now. It's almost as if they trot out the old "we will do better in our communication with you" and "we are working on improving the back-end processes" schtick after every X number of user complaints. Then they task some poor sap with posting regular updates for two weeks and then we never hear from them again. In the long run, nothing improves.

When I joined two years ago they were having problems with points and edits updating in a timely fashion, and they promised to fix it - over and over and over again. Still two years later they continue to have the same issues. You'd think that by now they'd have figured out a fix. All I ever see are promises but no real world improvements.

Today I got an email offering me a Waze shirt if I filled out a form. I really don't want the shirt, but was curious to see what kind of info they were gathering so I clicked the link. Here is one of the questions they ask:

"What size T-shitt would you prefer?"

T-shitt?? LMAO! Typical lack of quality control from Waze. :roll:

In the early days I recommended Waze to some friends, but they all quickly quit using the app due to the never ending problems, and they never used it again. I am embarrassed to be associated with this half-baked project, so not only do I not want your free shirt, I replied to the email asking to be removed from the mailing list. There are too many other, better choices for free GPS available today that I kind of regret the thousands of hours I wasted editing your maps for free. I have 4 other GPS apps on my Android phone and not one of them has let me down like Waze has. I had high hopes for Waze in the beginning but they've done nothing but disappoint me.

--MJ
hallmike
Send a message

iEnergizer
Send a message
AM of Kazan, Russia. HTC Desire *root*, rom: Paranoidandroid JB, latest waze including betas.

Post by jenncard
I'm on a self-imposed timeout from editing as I just have too much to do right now. :cry: But at some point very soon I hope to back in the game, so I appreciate the communication here, and look forward to the stability and improvements to come!
Jenni
jenncard
Send a message
https://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8358/em04.png
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.

Post by jondrush
What are you doing to address the regular loss of the availability of map editing? Will one of these improvements cover that? I'm not trying to be a downer. I think everything you've listed here looks great.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
eshabtai wrote: It would be helpful if you could start a thread and just note the time and the issue you're having. We are monitoring most aspects of the backend which should automatically notify us when issues arise, but we might be missing something.
In which forum would you like us to post this? We have been posting most of the outages I've observed.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Laakkus
Bookmarklets. Yes. Use.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11409

EDIT: Don't use my link's bookmarklets, use Alan's wikilink's instead. "Them marklets more up to date"
Laakkus
Send a message
Last edited by Laakkus on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area manager: Some cities
Country manager: Finland
Suomenkielinen Wiki | Asemien tarkistus | Editointiohje
i9300 | Resurrection Remix | Waze 3.9

Post by Laakkus
Sad but true

From my Galaxy running ICS RC3.1
Laakkus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area manager: Some cities
Country manager: Finland
Suomenkielinen Wiki | Asemien tarkistus | Editointiohje
i9300 | Resurrection Remix | Waze 3.9

Post by leihbox-com
Imagine an ongoing game of soccer or any other sport.
During the match, suddenly some rules are changed or not applied any more.
Some team still get points, others do not. And the orignal rules are not "working" any more.
But nobody knows exactly which rules are still valid, which rule will be "out of order" for a certain time and when the rule will apply again.

Is this a fair game?
This is what happened with waze points ranking! :cry:

Many people did not get their points any more for "infrastucture" reasons.
Others just found some tricks which points still are credited.
And those could rise their ranking with huges steps.

After all, the situation is unfair, plus big frustration.
You do hours of map edditing and get no points at certain times.
And you know the whole story...

:idea: It is time to restart the points.
Close the ranking at the end of the year. Give some honors to the winners "Best Wazer 2011".
And restart at 0 points for a new challenge with a working point system and clear rules on 1.1.2012. ;)

I guess, it could spice up the thing again ;)
leihbox-com
Send a message

Post by MicBicPic
Thanks for the updating!!! As for the new version I love it but for some reason my scores have not updated for over a month now and if I've done my math I should have moved up in levels.... Today I did my daily check to see if the scores had been updated only to see that I lost over 10k in points....

Is this going to be fixed soon? Or am I just stuck having to recapture my previously earned points? I hope that is not the case.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing this issue resolved soon!

Patrick
MicBicPic
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Well, here's my two Halala's worth :)

Thanks for the update and I really do believe you're working hard on everything; I've been in touch with your support team for many issues and they have been nothing but hard working and helpful.

What I would like to see is more stability and less new users/features. Please make what we have work well enough. I've just called it a day after 20 minutes on Papyrus. I started polling my hair after the 1st 3 minutes!

BTW, old Cartouche is not much better at the moment.
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message