The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CBenson
I agree, waze knows when you stop if you are at the end of segment or not. That matters in determining whether or not to generate an automatic traffic report.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
gettingthere wrote:
jondrush wrote:I've observed just that. I've never triggered a traffic alert sitting within a few cars of a red light, but if I'm 20-40 cars back I have triggered them. Waze is a little bit smarter than the average bear . . . :lol:
I think this is due to segment speed. Longer to transverse the segment than the average at that time of day.
But I have triggered them 20-40 cars back while I'm still 20-40 cars back. That is waze doesn't yet know what my speed for the segment is. This doesn't usually happen when I am stopped nearer to the intersection.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
gettingthere wrote:
CBenson wrote: But I have triggered them 20-40 cars back while I'm still 20-40 cars back. That is waze doesn't yet know what my speed for the segment is. This doesn't usually happen when I am stopped nearer to the intersection.
You are always on a segment if you are driving on a mapped road do data is being gathered which is being analyzed and feeding the system that determines whether to report a jam and to calculate and update the jam speed on the display.
Right, but it depends where on the road I am, whether or not an automatic traffic update is generated.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
gettingthere wrote:There has been nothing stated in the posts from The Fej stating that the 'lowest 50 meters' is in any way tied to or related to an intersection/junction.

So removing the intersection on the Waze map should have no effect on the traffic jam algorithm. This is the point that a few of us posting in this thread are trying to make.
This makes no sense to me. Intersections/junctions define segments. If you remove an intersection, you now have only one "lowest 50 meters" section when there was previously two. This is very likely to have an effect on the traffic jam algorithm.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
krankyd wrote: Note - Nov. 7th - the fix is not uploaded yet to the Papyrus. On the cartouche, it is already working as described above.
We will update you once uploaded and operational - should be in the next couple of days.
Did this fix ever get uploaded to papyrus?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
Shorty-CM wrote:There's definitely something wrong with the routing server regarding turn restrictions. I've been having a back-and-forth via email with them for some time about it, but I don't know if that's going anywhere.
This needs fixing as a high priority, just about every journey I do I get directed though restricted turns, usually as I deviate from the route that Waze wants me to go (as it's down a Toll road) and it tries to make me do impossible or illegal U Turns.

Surely this is a safety issue?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by dmcconachie
Will the fix work for previously edited nodes/turns or only those going forward?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Thanks Dror.

So going forward it will fix and avoid the need for the workaround that Alan and co used to stress about disallowing all turns first before enabling those that should be allowed.
dmcconachie
Send a message
Last edited by dmcconachie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed name 'drod' to 'dror' [oops...thank Alan!]

Post by dmcconachie
Shorty-CM wrote:Hmm, so basically, this means if you ever touch any junction at all the only way to make sure the map data is correct is to then edit every single junction that exists in the entire map. Since touching one means you then have to touch the one at the other end of every segment attached to that junction you just touched. Ad infinitum.
I think this is the way it did work and the change has meant this is now not the case!
dmcconachie
Send a message