Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No more Symbian updates

Post by cbbj
Hi guys,

I am frustrated by the news of Symbian version of Waze won't be update anymore. There are a lot of users that use iOS and Android OS but Symbian is the major OS on smartphones in numbers of sellers. iOS version of waze was rewrited, why don't do the same with Symbian? Why don't use the Qt plataform to rewrite the code (witch can be use on Windows Phone, Meego and others plataforms)? I like too much waze instead several bugs, but with this situation, a think many users will abandon the program. I hope they change their mind about platforms like Symbian, Windows Phone and others.

This is an outburst of a user. Sorry for my bad English.
cbbj

POSTER_ID:1708440

Send a message
Waze on Symbian s60 (Nokia 5230)/Symbian^3 (Nokia C7)

Post by andres-w
Waze on QT is available on the Nokia N9 http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/

nokia Belle should have the QT framework come with a regular software update.
andres-w
Send a message

Post by Ararda
Nokia keeps updating Symbian and selling phones with new nokia belle, if symbian is "dying" is because programers are killing it, i love symbian and what it has become, i will use it 'till the end. So, why don't you help us to tell the world that symbian is still alive and makes an upgrade?
Ararda
Send a message

Post by babraknemozny
I am very happy with my Nokia E72 and its interval between battery low messages.
I am also very happy that there is Symbian Waze client, even not the most advanced one.

I should be possible however to make the new features accessible as a web page.
I would like to initiate pick up request or share my drive with the browser.

Is there a place where such requests/suggestions/ideas can be posted?

Thanks
babraknemozny
Send a message

Post by cbbj
Why don't make waze on Qt plataform? There is Qt on android, Symbian, Windows Phone. They can migrate to this plataform to simplify the write and compiling the client program and take advantage to cover more systems with less work. For iOS, there is a project to make Qt avalible in this system.
cbbj
Send a message

Post by cbbj
gettingthere wrote:
cleberbb wrote:Why don't make waze on Qt plataform? There is Qt on android, Symbian, Windows Phone. They can migrate to this platform to simplify the write and compiling the client program and take advantage to cover more systems with less work. For iOS, there is a project to make Qt avalible in this system.
Although this would make it more complicated for the average users because presumably they would have to install the Qt framework first. Also, does this not reduce performance since there is another layer of code running?

Can this framework be installed on non-rooted, non-jailbroken devices?
I think that can be installed on non-roted devices. I will search for more info.
There is a post on Qt labs (february) demonstrating compiling and running apps on Android and shows a simple way to install the library needed to run the program (http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/02/28/necessitas/). Nowadays, maybe an update of the package avaliable.
It would be interesting to migrate the android code to Qt and then compile for other platforms.
I'll see if I can find anything from Qt to iphone and put here as soon as possible.
cbbj
Send a message

Post by dato22
waze 3.0 for symbian!!!! +1 from me :S
dato22
Send a message

Post by EAPRuiz
I think developers are underestimating new Nokia Belle-based phones. Nokia was assaulted by Microsoft executives, but Nokia users LOVE their "Symbian" phones! I think 603, 700, 701 e 808 models were all well receptioned. Please, Waze developers, make at least Nokia Belle version!
EAPRuiz
Send a message

Post by egaf56
Where can I get the newest Beta version for Symbian Belle?
I´m using Rel. 2.0.0.0 now.
egaf56
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
gettingthere wrote:There is already a working client for those platforms which Waze has stated that you can continue to use and that it will continue to work.
At least some bug fix release would be appreciated :|
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).