The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by txemt
I saw a UR with his/her phone number in comment section. I was VERY TEMPTED to text or call that person and say "what's wrong with Waze and why won't it direct you from your home?"
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
daknife wrote:
Redlight camera.jpg
I'm half tempted to authorize this one as the only Red Light Camera in the state. :lol:

The lake is a man made freshwater lake made by walling off part of the Great Salt Lake. A decent place for boating and fishing.
Does that mean the camera will take a photo of every fish caught?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
says I'm somewhere south of Odessa tx. I'm probably 50 miles away south of midland tx. strong 3G service as well. won't refresh to the correct location.
UR is in the middle of a field somewhere.....east of Midland/Odessa.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I had a UR yesterday tell me that a road was now able to cross another road. No problem, so I went to investigate it. After 30 minutes of searching for this intersection, a wrong intersection quere by Bing, and Google (to help me locate the actual intersection), I FINALLY found it. The UR request was.....6 blocks from where the intersection was actually located. It would have helped if the user put in the correct name of one of the streets, too.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I had another UR tell me that the directions were wrong from San Antonio to Lufkin, Tx. There was a "shorter" route that he/she liked to take, and every time he put in the address in Waze, it took him down the "wrong route."
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
ending address is not a building or anything close to what I was going for.
What are we supposed to do with this?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
There are some times I wish we were able to send the users a message back, but then there are times like this one where I'm glad we can't. There are quite a few of them I'd call douchebags for reporting something we as editors have no clue how to fix because we don't know what's wrong.

Although, there were two in San Antonio that kept reoccurring. I was able to fix one, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong with the other request. They kept popping up and I kept closing them. Both of them got onto the forums to complain about it and I was able to PM one to tell him to update his map on the app, the other one I didn't catch and another AM called me out on it. "The error is so obvious to me that yadda yadda yadda" and my only response was "take a piece of paper, draw a line on it. There's an error with that line, you tell me what's wrong with it." :)

Ugh....some of these people are frustrating me.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Sign says 90 miles to Houston, app says 76 miles. What gives?
Um....Waze is more accurate than TxDOT?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Can't turn
Um...try spinning that thing called a WHEEL.

What sucks, is I can't decipher what this user is trying to tell me. His route and the Waze provided route almost match.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
We can now map someone's house!!!
txemt
Send a message