Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

House Numbers for military housing on Oahu, Hawaii

Post by billthefish
I originally posted this in the map editing forum but deleted that post and moved it here since this seems to be a more appropriate area. I'm new to editing and eager to do my part so, being a military member, I decided tackle the lack of house numbers in the Navy Housing communities here on Oahu. The problem I ran into is that, for whatever reason, these houses do not follow the even-odd number scheme. Since I'm only a level 1 editor, I cannot force save house number errors. Is there a way for me to add these numbers so they are correct without having to be a level 3 editor or should I move onto another project.
billthefish

POSTER_ID:17086003

Send a message

Post by billthefish
Ok, awesome. I'll get to work.
billthefish
Send a message

Post by billthefish
All of them I guess. Most are ungated, off base communities that anyone can drive through. I started this project but have since been swamped with work and haven't been able to get back to it.
billthefish
Send a message

Post by Machete808
Hi, Bill!

That would be so helpful! There is a way to do it, using the Place markers In the editor, you can create a Place marker to mark what number goes where. No matter the category -- Other is fine -- because they'd be temporary.

Once you save all the Place Points -- just put the house number in the Name blank -- I can go in and add the House Numbers and force them. I partnered like this with a new editor during one of the Map Raids. It worked great! Thanks!

Feel free to post again here, or send me a PM, if you need any help with this!

Vicki
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by Nacron
billthefish wrote:I originally posted this in the map editing forum but deleted that post and moved it here since this seems to be a more appropriate area. I'm new to editing and eager to do my part so, being a military member, I decided tackle the lack of house numbers in the Navy Housing communities here on Oahu. The problem I ran into is that, for whatever reason, these houses do not follow the even-odd number scheme. Since I'm only a level 1 editor, I cannot force save house number errors. Is there a way for me to add these numbers so they are correct without having to be a level 3 editor or should I move onto another project.
Hi, just curious, what housing areas do you have access to?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by Nacron
billthefish wrote:All of them I guess. Most are ungated, off base communities that anyone can drive through. I started this project but have since been swamped with work and haven't been able to get back to it.
When I was doing a lot of on site warranty computer repair I went on base a lot at Schofield and aliamanu, never had house numbers back then but I was able to map all the more recent street additions. Great to have you on the team!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png