Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How do I add my business in the map?

Post by xarr0y0
Hello,

I´ve been using Waze for almost a month and I would like to know how can I add my business in the map. In google, this can be done by using Google Map Maker. How can I add it in Waze?

thanks in advance,

xarr0y0
xarr0y0

POSTER_ID:3613852

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Although, if you really want to, you can add a Landmark. You can only give it a name, but no other details are usable. You can put address and phone into in the landmark details, but none of that is sortable, and the categories are going to limit you to "business" and no other type of category the business is.

There really is no point to having it Waze except that it appears on the map as a block/blob as the user drives by.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jondrush
If it is in Google, it is in Waze. Waze searches Google's database to find businesses. No need to add it to Waze.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by RickW-NC
You can also add it to foursquare and possibly yelp. Waze can search there too. Have your gps (phone) at the exact location when you add it. The apps for these are free in the AppStore .
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)