The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Shorty-CM
I forget where it's listed. But anyway, there's nothing you can do except make sure your phone's in a position where it will get the best reception.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
These kind of errors will never go away. There's nothing the Waze guys can do about how good or bad your phone is receiving GPS signals at any given moment.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Well, I think I've got over 7,000 km on my iPhone now. (My Dashboard says 3485.0 existing miles and 968.1 new miles, but that's off by a fair bit because there are significant chunks missing from system hiccups here and there over time. I lost a 300 km trip the other day, with a large majority of it being new roads, for example.) I think I know its GPS behaviour pretty well by now, hehe. I've noticed quite a few quirks, including how little you can actually trust that orange/green indicator concerning how good your signal actually is. It doesn't turn orange very quickly. For example, it tends to drift off-line by a noticable amount around curves/turns when the signal isn't very good, even though it's displaying that the signal is fine and dandy. Recording a new road that's straight and is 90 degrees off an existing road in that signal situation results in the intersection ending up being further along the existing road than it actually was, and the new road isn't straight near the intersection because of it. You can see it bending back towards the true straight line of the new road as you get further away from the new intersection. If you're at highway speeds going around a curve when it happens you'll end up with a much gentler curve being recorded, until it all of a sudden snaps back into line when the signal improves a few seconds later. It's times like these that it is nice that we have a display of more/newer GPS tracks that we can reference to adjust the drifting roads later on, heh.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Well, there are different messages that state why the server is showing you that segment in yellow. If there is already an existing road, it is usually yellow because your path didn't match up well enough with the existing road. This can be due to poor reception. This can also be due to poor placement of the road in the map. The message that the server attachs to the segment will usually help you deduce what the case is. When you're talking about a new road, like you say, there is nothing to match up, so it's more than likely poor reception for a few moments.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message